State Politics Thread (non NSW)

“The Jews” is something you can always pick coming into these groups’ rhetoric from a great distance like in the movies when the music changes to herald the pantomime baddie. I haven’t read it happening in this instance yet, but like with the x degrees of Kevin Bacon game, it’s just a matter of how many steps are left.

If I had a little bell to ding whenever this inevitable conclusion is reached, I’d sound like Tio fucking Salamanca.

2 Likes

And he was a well respected principle… FMD

have a read of the excerpts from some of his online comments. The stuff is just crazy…

Yep, this dude sucks

It’s getting weirder

A relative of the Train brothers also said they were “too religious to believe in open relationships or polyamory”.

Ah the religious, gotta love 'em. No sex please, we’re religious, but “Thou shalt not kill” is a fucking open gate.

Wait, the bible isn’t a choose your own adventure story?

Depends on how you’re told to interpret it…

I just watched “Under the Banner of Heaven” which is a true crime series about some prominent Mormon family that descends into fundamentalism and murder. There’s a scene where the detectives are approaching the rural property in which they’ve essentially set up a cult and are radicalising themselves and there’s a confrontation.

When I read this news story it sounded eerily similar to that scene. Has it come out that the whole Nathaniel Train missing person story was a lie? And they essentially lured the cops there? Absolutely crazy, if so.

Apparently both brothers were shagging the same woman. Gotta watch out for these religious nutters

Victoria Liberals obviously think they haven’t dug themselves a deep enough hole.

She’s the manchurian candidate for a fringe church mob.

The libs just keep moving further and further right.

Take a seat and be quiet…

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2:

Once again, the Liberals in Victoria show they don’t want to lead for at least the next decade. Seriously, who lets them write that kind of shit?

Fucking scum.

1 Like

So it seems Queensland is now having big discussions about stadium plans for the Olympics. From what I understand, plan is that the Gabba won’t be used, they’ll use Suncorp for ceremonies, and redevelop the existing athletics centre for athletics. Upgrade some smaller ground for hockey and a new indoor arena for basketball.

I know traditionally you need a big shiny new stadium for athletics and to host the ceremonies, but it’s now a new age of trying to do it low(er) budget. Seems they’re trying to avoid a huge spend on the Gabba and putting AFL and cricket out of action for years, or blowing billions on a second oval stadium which doesn’t really seem to be needed in Queensland. Sydney needed something bigger than SFS/SCG but brissie seems pretty sorted for now. Sure they’d sell out a bigger stadium for NRL, but a big oval stadium doesn’t really fit that bill. I know people talk about legacy, but is there really that much benefit to another big stadium?

Transport might be a problem, but they can fix that, and then you’ve actually got a tangible ongoing day to day benefit for residents? A few less tickets for the big events, but really the Olympics are about a huge tv audience.

this plan actually seems pretty reasonable. What am I missing?

It’s still going to be ridiculously expensive. The cheaper option apparently doesn’t knock off that much money from the top.

1 Like

The current option is pretty much the same cost as a refresh of the Gabba, or slightly cheaper than a new stadium at Victoria Park. People are pissed at the shitty RoI, that leaves a 14k stadium for athletics that no one uses, and can only be accessed by bus.

The Gabba has the same problems that the SFS had, in that it’s at it’s end of life in current form. They really should have gone the new stadium and bulldozed the Gabba.

1 Like

WA government just announced they are giving families $250 for high school kids and $150 for primary school to support schooling costs or something.

Thanks government. Not really what I was expecting, no doubt it will go into a tank of petrol or something.