Sydney FC Academy NPL 2020 Season

To true. That positivity doesn’t belong here, take that shit over to the Newcastle forums…

Youth team are playing APIA tonight if anyone wants something to watch at 7:30

Great scalp there, 1-0 win over APIA.

1 Like

Why/how are our boys doing so well this season? Is this a promising group?

These will be the kids who have been going through our younger age groups for a few years now, so I suspect many of them have benefited from having the additional funds we can throw at an academy for a number of years. Quite a few of them would have been playing together for a few years at least as well. Some of our previous academy prospects had only been there a couple of years so it wasn’t quite the same.

That’s what I expect it may be. Plus COVID makes everything a bit weird.

2-1 win over Manly!

My nephew scored his debut First Grade goal for Manly.

6 Likes

The new bills cousin?

Don’t understand?

12 points from 5, with a bunch of our best U20s unavailable due to HAL bubble, is incredible. For reference, our three previous full seasons were 14, 16 and 21 points.

2 Likes

It’s crazy how good they’re going. I can’t tell if it’s because of covid, or the quality of the players has gotten way better, or the coach is a genius. They don’t seem to playing any better than previous seasons, but been way better in defence and far more clinical up front.

Maybe our guys have been able to train “professionally” when the other teams have had to deal with covid restrictions, getting other incomes, a lot more difficulty in training.

We have/had a member on here called Bill, whose cousin happens to be Nikola Mileusnic.

Oh, yeah, nah.

So, the boys are currently sitting first, and play Sydney United on Sunday.

Will we see some of the young guys that have been in our A-League squad drop back down to the NPL now?

U20’s are also first. U18’s are 3rd. U16’s are 3rd. U14’s are 5th. U13’s are 1st (11 games, 10 wins, 41 goals scored, 1 goal conceeded).

So it’s quite clear that Football Is Sky Blue…

3 Likes

Jake Hollman, IMO, the most promising youth prospect we’ve produced, has signed with Macarthur. After losing Tilio, understandably, this is a real kick in the guts. Jake was the Ninko Project. Word is the club simply took too long to offer him a contract

It was pretty funny seeing the club announce Hollman and tilio winning awards last night knowing they have both left.

1 Like

Is he signed as first team? With so many players ahead of him in the pecking order, it’ll be 2 years before he gets proper opportunities even on the bench. Can’t blame him for wanting a proper chance earlier with a new team

It sort of shows the issue with having a successful and settled first team and an academy producing the goods- we end producing youth for other clubs because theres a packed pathway to good minutes. Its a shame but hope he goes the way fo Devlin and gets a good opportunity there