Sydney FC NPL NSW Men's 2022

Sadness

Patty Wood is alive and scored a brace for the NPL team yesterday. Unfortunately the boys conceded in injury time again, 2-2 draw with Manly United.

Still unbeaten though, not a bad start, it looks like concentration rather than fitness.

Promotion and relegation is just based on the first team results this season right?

They were supposed to implement a play-off between the bottom team in NPL1 firsts’ bottom team and NPL2 firsts’ top team a few seasons back but they just stuck to the CC. Not sure about this season…if this season gets finished.

Would have been fairly stressful going watching the Sutherland vs Sydney game in the second half.

Pat Wood hat-trick (this guy needs to be back in the A-League lineup) had Sydney up 4-1 at half time. Sharks dragged it back to a fulltime score of 4-3.

Sydney now up to second with 3 wins and 2 draws from five games. They’re already only 3 points behind the total from 17 games played in the 2021 season.

5 Likes

Who played in goal for us?
I assume it wasn’t Pavlesic as they would’ve known he was starting in the A League.
Was it the guy who’s on the bench tonight?

I think the guy on the bench tonight must have been yanked from playing NPL today, as it was a 16 year old debutant, Gus Hoefsloot, in goal today in the NPL.

1 Like

Dann, that’s not very A League.
I was hoping that there was the possibility that we could see a guy play in 2 games in one day.

1 Like

Here’s Hatrick Wood and Kucharski ripping it:

Good stuff from patty wood. That ground announcer needs to shut up though.

2nd on the ladder. Good signs.

Is it just me or is this new dribl website fucking shit?

You can’t even click through the match to see goal-scorers etc. let alone the line-up or squad or even the match report that’s on the NPLNSW website (which isn’t great either - there’s still a button to share to Google+).

Surely Wood is at the top of the scoring list ATM?

1 Like

It’s beyond shit.

We use it for our amateur club comp and it’s awful. So many things which you would consider to be basic functionality are simply non-existent.

1 Like

Totally.

For example if I’m on the League 2 page and I click the fixtures button it should go straight to League 2 fixtures.

Instead it goes to a page where I have to then select which league I want from a massive drop down box. What is the farken point having a separate page for each league when fixtures/results have be filtered anyway?

If you make it easy, people might find stuff out!

We can’t have that.

1 Like

Sydney FC NPL play the might APIA this Sunday night @ 6:30pm :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s with the constant shit kick off times?

If they’re consistent, you might know when the games are on and remember to attend or watch the screen.

Nobody wants that!

1 Like