Sydney FC NPL NSW Men's 2022

This Patrick Wood guy goes alright…

1 Like

2-0 up at half time against APIA.
Grimaldi at the back for us looks decent. He appears pretty short for a CB but his passing is really good.
For those that have seen a lot more of him then I have is he that short and could he be better utilised as a #6?

Things gone a bit wild in the second half!

They have.
It’s been an absolute cracker of a game and the police chase in the background added to the excitement.

I’d happily go through a losing season in the A League if it means that we get to see Kucharski, Segecic & Wood given an extended run.
Our 2 CB’s look good as well despite the score.

1 Like

So just confirming our kids beat the same APIA that knocked Wests out of the cup, yeah?

Some lovely stuff going forward, a little unlucky at the back with a bullshit penno drilled at close range and Pavlesic leaving his near post a little too open for the 2nd.

Wild game.

FINALLY heading to an NPL game this season, thanks to no AL and a quiet Easter Sunday. If we lose our first of the season today, feel free to blame me. :blue_heart:

1 Like

Anyone know the story with the Blacktown City players having 3-digit numbers? Mostly starting with 4, seen one starting with 3 so far.

It’s probably the number player they are in the club’s history. For example #498 is the 498th first team player for Blacktown.
A lot of the NRL sides do it on their warm up shirts as well.

1 Like

It’s going to be quite a tough 3 weeks for the NPL team with so many key players away with the ACL squad, hopefully the youngsters take the chance to show what they can do.

2 Likes

There was a minute’s silence before kick-off, though reason not given over PA.

Not a good start for our young keeper. He’s looked pretty nervous and conceding so early from a deflection like that won’t help his confidence.

2-nil down by the 7th minute. :cry:
And APIA won their game.

It most certainly did not.

Our LB has been done all ends up a couple of times already by Mitch Mallia.
3-0. It’s going to be a long afternoon.

At least I’m getting some Vitamin D.

He doesn’t look very good at all.
Can’t judge a cross and doesn’t command his box.
He’s made a couple of good saves though.

Pen given away, I assume for a HB but it was the other side of the goal from me. Keeper made 2 great saves only for it to eventually go in. It would have been incredible, if only I were a neutral of Blacktown City fan or team relo.

Feel sorry for him there. Saves the pen, gets the second save but his defenders still haven’t recovered so concedes the goal on the third shot.

Kai Kamikura is having a shocker today.

1 Like

Yeah, I won’t be posting the highlights of this one. Absolutely monstered all over the park, the few times we’ve got it forward we’ve made Lynch look like Van Dijk.

1 Like