The Aussie Younglings thread - 2022 AFC U23 Asian Cup

Uzbekistan go through

1 Like

Anyone else up watching? Sego has become one of my favourites so this was painful. I thought it was an incredibly well taken shoot out from both teams though.

Are there any Sydney players who can score penalties?

1 Like

Segecic should probably try look for another club if we don’t play with a 10 next season, player of tournament for Australia imo.

Very similar type of player to Bruno Fernandes, Golovin, Kudus.

1 Like

Gonna hijack this one in the absence of anything else (can we just rename the thread to “The Aussie Younglings thread”?)

AFC U-17 Asian Cup campaign starting tonight at 8pm against Saudi Arabia.

All four of our call-ups (Glasson, Quintal, De Jesus, Nkom) are starting.

Semi-finalists qualify for U17 WC later in the year. Our group (Australia, Saudi Arabia, China, Tajikistan) will face Group D (Japan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, India) in the Quarter-Finals, so would be good to win this one and avoid presumably Japan in the quarter-finals.

1 Like

Should be added.
All matches involving Australia will be streamed LIVE and FREE on 10 Play.

Thankfully the Saudi’s wasted that. Guy has 2(3?) with him and he shoots from there…

Look forward to seeing how our four players go when they move to the Mariners or Wanderers in a few years

How is Pavlesic playing in this - isnt he 20? Are they allowed over age players?

Irankunda is copping a pasting

Going to be a number of yellow cards in this one I reckon…

Fantastic pressure on that goal attempt.

Different Pavlesic. This one is Anthony - presumably brother of Adam?

1 Like

This Pavlesic is definitely 17

1 Like

Ah, different player. Thankyou!

Maybe not - that was a horrible non card call on that tackle…

Off his feet through the back of the legs - no card.

1 Like

That would have been a red card if it was Burgess…

Transfermarkt says Anthony is indeed the younger brother of Adam.

1 Like

De Jesus is having a bit of a bad day with the ball so far. Hopefully he can pick up.