The Good Times Memories Thread

Was that the “Homey ref” game?

The best part of that was 40 people putting their hands up to show that they had nothing to do with Guy falling over.

2 Likes

I remember the game Hilly got tag teamed by a father and son duo, and I got headlocked and dragged out for telling the security guard to do something before trouble broke out.

Apparently Arlo was stood a few metres away watching me get punched in the head half a dozen times suggesting to the police they might like to break it up.

good call, i remember getting there just in time but such a huge rush apparently one of the few times they’ve just let open the gates.

i remember first time walking down into the Cove just as a shot went over the bar and a big ‘oooh’ South American style was made by the Cove.

was much younger then but first time i had experienced something like the Cove, i was hooked.

The cove singing You’re not playing for Arsenal/England anymore to Francis Jeffers. To the tune of We’re not gonna take it.

The smell of Allianz when the sun had just gone down.

I normally sat on the sidelines. The undercover walk ways always had the same smell of beer and tomoto sauce. You could always tell where you were just by the smell. Loved it

The beer ledge. Where one could leave one’s belongings (e.g. a Festivus pole) for months at a time, knowing they’d be there at the next game.

2 Likes

The smell of the toilet above the Cove.

There’s so much of that night that I don’t remember…

I have a few but my favourite is getting back from being at sea for a few months, thinking my family was still in Tamworth but they surprised me on the wharf in Sydney.
Then the next night was the Derby at ANZ.
5 nil later my boys and I are wearily walking to the train station after an amazing couple of days.

6 Likes

The Festivus game where we had the pole in Bay 26, security guard came over and says give us the metal pole, it gets dropped to the ground with a loud clang, pushed under seats with feet, everyone looks at the guard to say “What pole?”

The security guard then giving up, the pole being brought back out and people yelling “It’s a Festivus miracle”

6 Likes

Del Piero beating Phoenix. We ran out of beer to throw. We’d been rubbish for a while; I remember turning to my mate and us both asking, ‘How do we celebrate this? What do we do?!’

We got drunk.

isn’t that just any game :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

DSCF24532

The innocent joy as we came together under the steady guidance of Jimmy the Greek to make this banner.

Completely unaware of the journey we were about to undertake.

2 nil, Pink Shirt, Culture, 2 nil.

Also the rendition of Sweet Caroline through the streets of Melbourne after the 2010 GF and being in the smoking cage at the post match laughing and celebrating while Rusty and his mates were in the lane way outside trying to get us to leave.

3 Likes

My favourite has to be 2010 GF. First championship I was old enough to really appreciate. Honourable mention to Aloisi almost breaking the net in front of the Cove and that whole day in general.

The memory of Les’s suit will probably stay with me forever.

Sydney vs Perth youth game, Glazed Ham never leaving the centre circle

2 Likes

The Bogong moth invasion of the SFS.
The puddle in the toilets behind the Cove.
Hot Doggy sausage on a roll man.