The Good Times Memories Thread

Everybody Ken Chun tonight and orange boots were also great, but you are right glazed ham was the best.

Spill it.

What was glazed ham?

He was an overage player on trial for Perth that played in a youth game, from the UK I assume.

Fat ginger guy that was red and sweating so much he looked like a glazed jam.

1 Like

honey glazed?

Oh man, orange boots :frowning:

Bloke should have been playing for real madrid instead of long Bay going off those performances.

Pretty sure that’s the Australian kiddie that appears in the “Away Game” documentary who was playing in Stoke’s (?) youth team.

Only one that got close to Glazed Ham levels in youth league was the tall kid we called Crouchy, so good when he came on they have a free kick all of us yelling at him to get up front so he runs towards the box.

Just as he gets near the box the coach yells at him to go back to defence, loudest set of boos I’ve heard at a youth game ring out and Crouchy just shrugs at us.

2 Likes

Pre-season games early in the A League’s life were rife with those kinds of moments. The random French trialist who played 1 game and disappeared, there was Ian Tall Guy and numerous other randoms appearing.

A line of kids queuing up to get Tallguy to sign their Sydney FC shirts always makes me laugh to think about.

Never forget Thiam scoring against AEK Athens.

And in the same tour, that shit Rangers game.

1 Like

Duff vs beer ledge

I remember the Cove had that massive pullover at the ground and got it out when rangers were playing

This was the 1 but in the earlier match

Duff vs Reddy

1 Like

The shit weather during that game made for some great visuals though!

I completely forgot he even played in the A-League

Chicken Wars.

<3 <3 <3

Apparently we’re getting an Oporto in Orange. Easily the best news this year.

Fucking Orange. You get one lousy gold mine and you get to have Kmart and Oporto. :frowning:

trade you the KMart for the JB HIFI