The Jack Rodwell Date with 828/Eclipse the 946

His commitment to phoning it in has actually been a good thing.

2 Likes

Exactly. Apart from the money and visa spot wasted, it has had some unexpected benefits, especially for the development of the young players

Just to be devilā€™s advocate, Rodwell has, at the very least, been our most consistent player during his time with Sydney FCā€¦

5 Likes

Perhaps heā€™s just selflessā€¦ saw the talent in Mathews and JGR and decided to fake an injury in order to school them at training and get them in match day squad to benefit the club in the long run?

Game on!!

2 Likes

The bloke who refused to take a payout at Sunderland, when actual hard working members of the club were retrenched or basically not getting paid so Sunderland could survive?

They probably shouldā€™ve given a more club friendly contract with relegation clauses etc

They didnā€™t

Sorry JGRā€¦

RIP

Itā€™s over :sob:

1 Like

I really cant cop that Germain and find him to br tremendously overrated

Maxi to good to be warming the bench.

Fair play to the lad, he did us proud tonight

1 Like

Chucked him a MOTM vote for his goal line clearance to keep our clean sheet.

3 Likes

The fact he lasted as long as he did on that cow paddock is nothing short of amazing.

1 Like

I remember one moment where he picked the ball up and ended up dribbling to the far corner flag, I was so afraid this was it and his legs would go. But he held on, so there you go.

3 Likes

I just received an email from the club asking me vote for the player who has made the greatest contribution to the team this season so I thought I would just leave this news in this thread for no particular reason.

7 Likes

Oh, greatest contribution. For a minute there I thought you said frustration.

Silly me.

Bloody hell, they kept that going didnā€™t they? Uffie selecting JR to start the EF meant that quick ending didnā€™t come immediately, but at 75 minutes when Rodwell came off. And the fact that we were strolling it against Macartur meant that we were never likely to get the required extra time.

So it ends with all targets, all hope, extinguished (except the potentially pyrrhic victory which would be winning the A-League - no consolation compared with overhauling the 828 or reaching amongst the stars for the 946).

Looking at the week by week where we saw on-field action, we currently sit 312 minutes behind this point last season, the highlight of this thread as we threw any targets out of the window because we had only just steamrollered Wests from behind in our first ever A-League finals derby.

Round Minutes this week Cumulative Minutes 2022-23 minutes 2022-23 Cumulative This - Last compared
Before Season NA 0 0 0 0
8 69 69 0 45 24
9 67 136 0 45 91
10 90 226 77 122 104
11 45 271 90 212 59
21 18 289 72 316 -27
24 45 334 90 586 -252
27 45 379 NO R27 676 -297
Final - 1 75 454 90 766 -312

With 454 minutes played, we are not even half way to 946. The highest number we can reach is 784

Some names to throw in the ring for comparison:

• Jason Culina played a very similar - and very similarly crocked - 527 minutes in 2012-3
  • Kruno Lovrek played 345 minutes for us in 2012-13, just 110 behind this seasonā€™s JR haul. I thought heā€™d only played like 1 or 2 games before ADP arrived on the sceneā€¦
  • And another Rolls Royce type player with a history beset by both freak and regular injury, Siem de Jong managed 849 regular season minutes, plus 144 in finals during the 2018-9 season
  • The much maligned Jop van der Linden racked up a very satisfying tally of 666 (shout out to the Dark Prince Satan) minutes that same season before leaving not just the club, but football entirely, at seasonā€™s end
8 Likes

Do we know what our F/A is with him in the team?