The Jack Rodwell Date with 828/Eclipse the 946

From my end I haven’t looked into that. I think Rowdy did a bit of an analysis a while ago which IIRC indicated we’re better off when he plays. But that’s not a surprise. We know he’s a handy player, when there.

This thread is mostly about the when there element which was really what the club was frankly insane to overrule. Particularly as a defender. It’s kinda more OK for a #10 like SdJ to come in for bits and sprinkle some magic on a game, but you want your CBs to be a foundational element that don’t miss many games, don’t need to waste a sub very often and generally provide stability to a team.

The only plus with JR this season is that it enabled two home grown players to have the opportunity to stand on their own two feet and shine. But it could have been a disaster. Lucky we have some very good young 'uns.

But what if he is now finally fit?

2 Likes

Im telling you, he’s going to NZ and he’ll play the next 10 seasons as the top CB in the league without missing a single minute.

1 Like

The club must immediately act on this important information by throwing a Chelsea-style 8 year contract in his direction.

4 Likes

It’d be sad if it ended like this. One more year?

5 Likes

I feel like it’s quite fitting tbh.

Ironic actually that he didn’t injure himself in the process.

2 Likes

I mean you spent all that time setting up the spreadsheet…

That you know of.

1 Like

I was about to write: Hasn’t injured himself YET. He still needs to get home

What a joke. I want to say unbelievable, but it really is believable, after his story!

So now that he’s played his last game for us, can we say what we really think?

Shitcunt. Good riddance.

3 Likes

I hope he booked his flights in the Uber from the ground. Fuck that his wife’s an Aussie. What she gets for being a gold digging with an injury prone fraud footballer…

Lets be a better here. Totally fine to be disappointed at the signing and how it turned out but no need to go for the personal abuse

11 Likes

He never copped enough shit for the cornrows.

1 Like

There’s not much going for this year’s doco, is there?

Let’s be fair though, it would’ve been hard to top the drama of his race last year to 828.

1 Like

Man signed a contract and then the club wanted to get out of it and Rodwell is the bad guy?

1 Like

I’ve never understood the criticism of him for this. The club didn’t insert any clauses to reduce his wages around relegation and then he’s the bad guy for honouring it…

Sure his injury record is comically bad but, as people have said, he’s clearly got the talent but not the body for professional sport

1 Like

This is exactly it for me. He’s an imposter. He’s like a bus driver without a licence or a public speaker without a tounge. He knows it more than anybody but has persisted to rip clubs off one after the other sitting on an injury table taking people’s money. He would have found another career by now if he was a decent bloke.

You’re saying that you wouldn’t do exactly the same thing if you had the chance? Get paid a very healthy sum for doing the thing you love most, as much as you physically can?

You would say “oh no, this handsome offer you made me is not for me, I’m going to find some other job.”

I don’t buy it.

15 Likes

Yeah nah. Get fucked.

People keep offering him money to do the thing he loves? They know his injury risk. Why do criticise a man for taking the money offered to him?

We should be celebrating one of us for taking money off of rich sods.

3 Likes