The Kit Discussion Thread

Say it ain’t so. Their football gear is awful.

That was from a source close to the club…a while ago although I’m not sure if anything has changed. I’m a bit of a Deutschophile when it comes to gear - Puma or Adidas for me only. I won’t really care what we get as long as it isn’t Nike.

From their time with Spurs the kits were a bit hit and miss, but the other stuff really good. Jackets, shirts etc.

Not signed yet, but likely. Unfortunately the ridiculous league licensing rules limit the stuff e we can do.

Under Armour are certainly hit or miss. I’m a Villa fan as well and they sponsored the club for two seasons. Was always good quality gear but the designs for training shirts and the jerseys weren’t always the best. Kits are obviously a very opinionated subject but I feel that it’s pretty hard to mess up a Sydney FC kit. Aside from the Adidas shirt that had the big V on it, there hasn’t been a kit in recent times that I really didn’t like.

1 Like

Anyone know when the merchandise stands will stock the new ACL jerseys?

Alright so the City Football Group just announced their kit deal with Puma, and now Melbourne City will be sponsored by Puma. Think this announcement all but confirms we’re parting away with Puma at the end of the season.

I know it won’t happen but I’d love for us to go with AMS.

SFC version of this would do nicely

Last nights strip looked great to me,I’d much prefer that as an away set as opposed to dark(tard)blue.Yes, i know it isnt exactly Navy B.

I liked the kit itself, but pairing it with white shorts and socks was a bit much.

Yes, maybe Sky blue shorts to break it up.

So with the Puma kits having been fairly heavily discounted for a while now (message in Inbox of 50% reduction…again) it reminds me that it does seem as if the end of the Puma relationship is imminent. Is there any update on where we’re going next beyond that hint at Under Armour up thread?

I’m really tempted to buy one as I think our kit now is nice, but that bright red Kennards logo kills me every time.

Yep I heard Puma is going. city group are going to puma, so imagine the template…

How’s the sizing? Looking for a gym shirt. Usually wear an xl t-shirt. Trying to decide between a 2xl or a super baggy 3xl

Sounds like you need to look at our student line of clothing and apparel.

3 Likes

Not sure if anyone can help. Saw a few plain sky blue jersey’s without the navy sleeve/neck trim at the grand final on Sunday, and it looked like the kit had faint horizontal stripes on the front. Only other thing I could remember was that there were small numbers at the front in the middle. Any idea what jersey/kit it is? Looked clean and would love to get my hands on one!
Cheers

What was the sponsor? It sounds like it might be the FFA Cup kit.

I think the Star was up there on the front, but Kennards was definitely on the back, and beechwood on one of the sleeves
Might have a look at some of the old FFA cup highlights to see if the kit looks similar

These are the players actual training kits that were very generously given away to the fans at the pre match pub.

1 Like

That’s exactly it! Bummer, at least the $4 beers were generous enough to everyone else :wink: