The Kit Discussion Thread

Under Armour confirmed as new kit suppliers. Kit reveal on 24th.

Nice. Hopefully given that this is their first entry into the Australian market they will be looking to go above and beyond.

1 Like

Previous kit suppliers have only had the licence to do on field & training range, the independent league is meant to change this as mentioned in the press release there will be a off field range as well

1 Like

Would slightly prefer a company whose CEO doesn’t support Trump but otherwise looking forward to the uniqueness this has the potential to bring to Sydney FC.

1 Like

Ninko comments in email “unbelievable”. Yep, checks out.

5 Likes

Hopefully we get some decent T-shirt options out of this deal.

4 years as the kit supplier, along with being Thier first client , I assume the club got a good deal

1 Like

Sydney FC’s Under Armour athletes Milos Ninkovic and Chloe Logarzo expressed excitement at the announcement.

“Under Armour’s sportswear and training gear is unbelievable and it definitely gives us the edge in training,” said Ninkovic.

“With their help, we can challenge ourselves further this season and set new records in our domestic and AFC Champions League campaigns.”

Logarzo continued: “Under Armour will take our game to the next level and drive us to an even greater performance.

“They have some of the most innovative and state of the art products on the market and I can’t wait to see the designs of the new Sydney FC kit.”

I really wish they wouldn’t do this. These bullshit player quotes are embarrassing.

2 Likes

It’s part of what the sponsor pays for though.

I forgot City had moved to Puma, so us leaving them makes sense. Hopefully Under Armour turn out something pretty clean and simple. Haven’t been a big fan of a lot of their kits though.

Under Armour look great but they’re not so good for the “fluffy” fans though

But we’re all 120kg uni students?

1 Like

Wasn’t puma also more geared towards someone who knows the location of their local gym?

1 Like

Could be worse, it could have been Kappa.

Assuming we are going to get a template-based design, the below links can serve as a good reference. Pretty much all UA kits announced for next year are the same and have a “yoke” - in some cases it’s the same colour as the rest of the kit (St Pauli), in others it’s coloured differently.

A light blue version of St Pauli home would be the best possibility.

The presser said we’re getting a “custom-designed on-field playing range”, templates may not apply. :wink:

Although a variation of that St Pauli Rainbow 3rd strip would be nice.

3 Likes

I can’t imagine they would go “off-template” for a team with merch sales volume of Sydney FC. Custom designed can mean the team can choose which panel has which colour.

The only other option I realistically see is if UA “outsources” the production (I think Puma kits were made in Australia and while they did follow Puma design principles, they didn’t 100% align to a template). This option does in my experience usually result in lower production quality.

Ah, the wonders of Australian-made! Nobody does shoddy in a more expensive way than us! NOBODY!

1 Like

It is their first entry into this market though so that might help them to advertise themselves to other potential clubs in the country (indeed, maybe other sports?).