The Kit Discussion Thread

Anything can happen. What I meant is that adhering to a template is first and foremost a financial (efficiency) decision and in order to set up a new design production line sufficient sales volume has to be expected.

Going “off template” usually means sub-contracting the production and/or plastering a logo on a locally produced shirt which sometimes carries tradeoffs (not the same “technical fabric”, different quality of embroidery or sublimation instead of custom application of details) or using a lower tier or older template.

Adidas took the former approach (until last year of their contract I think), Puma took the latter.

Let the speculation begin…
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D-XpoHmUIAAHfI5?format=jpg&name=360x360

The Southampton keeper kit would be a very tidy option…

2 Likes

I’m resigned to us never getting a rainbow strip, time for Cove merch to fill the void. :+1:

3 Likes

I’ll use this opportunity to put in my annual complaint about that fucking massive, incongruous red Kennards logo on the back which totally does the opposite of tying the room together. I get supporting your team and everything, but I’ve got to wear it, so nah.
A navy would do.

AZ Alkmaar in sky blue

2 Likes

Under Armour’s CEO, Kevin Plank, is a well known Trump supporter. I bet that went down well with the St Pauli fans.

2 Likes
1 Like

I’m resigned that we will never get another long sleeve kit.

I’m assuming that the Under Armour Sydney FC tracksuit top sported by Baumjohann today is our new Under Armour Sydney FC tracksuit top.

What a weird nothing statement to get worked up about

Needs more orange trim.

1 Like

This jacket is tops

5 Likes

Yes that is nice. The track top was no better than the puma ones

Baumjohann cutting about in some decent gear today for the announcement. This could turn out alright.

3 Likes

Like the hoodie, not sure about the collar on the tracksuit top - looks like you’ve got your work shirt on underneath

I think he has a polo shirt underneath though?

this would explain it

The hoodie looks great