The La Liga Thread

And just how great is it to see Real in shitsville too! lol

Castilla manager Santiago Solari put in as interim. Conte’s odds have been blowing out.

Leonardo Jardim is my call. RM have somewhat gone away from the Galactico approach and have a lot of young players to integrate into the first team. Jardim was very successful at Monaco doing this over several years and, apart from this year, has the results to show for it.

If Monaco hadnt tanked (because all their good players got bought) hed make sense now I dont think hes glossy enough.

Its seeming Solari, Roberto Martinez and Pochettino are the favourites. I can see them landing up with Solari between those three

Roberto Martinez is nowhere near good enough for that role.

Solari has been promoted from the Real Madrid B team manager to the first team manager.

Madrid’s hands were tied. Two weeks to appoint a repayment and Conte was the only one out there. Can see someone new coming in next season

It makes me wonder when Real run out of top managers to hire and fire, that they have to go back to former managers to fill the void.

Read a rumour that they checked in with Zidane

Eibar up 3-0 over Real Madrid after 70 minues

wow, I don’t want to admit it but maybe Ronaldo did carry them all these years. But that’s highly unlikely it is obviously the coaching situation that has contributed to their downfall

Leo Messi has scored more free kicks over the last four years than any team in Europe’s top five leagues.

stupid question, but wouldn’t that suggest that Barcelona would have scored more free kicks?

Yeh it does. Still a pretty impressive stat, either way.

And following being knocked out of evrything in a week Real are apparently about to reappoint Mourinho this week

I also read that Sergio Ramos had a blazing row with Florentine Perez in the sheds after the champions league loss.

Zidane might have been onto something with leaving at the top…

Jose doesn’ t seem to be managing the big egos as well these days.

Considering that it was Ramos (along with Casillas) who had the dressing room turn against Mourinho the first time, there’s still a long way to run with this story.
It will also put to bed the Hazard to Real Madrid transfer rumours.

From my time in Spain I kept getting told that Casilla’s was on the outer with Jose because he tried to make peace with his national team mates from Barcelona. (after some very heated classicos)
Just hearsay…

Boo. They’ve gone back to Zidane. No fun.

Bizarre decision by Zidane… their squad is a shambles, without Ronaldo to rely on to bail them out. I know money talks but he is on a hiding to nothing by going back to Madrid.

Plus, Mourinho would have been way more entertaining.

I guess Spurs fans can breath a sigh of relief with Ole going so well at United and Zidane back at Madrid