The La Liga Thread

Good point there. Congrats, Spurs fans.

Back on Madrid though, the understanding was that ZZ knew an overhaul was needed after last season and resigned when the club disagreed. What I’m guessing has now happened is that the club have come to see his point of view, and promises will have been made to him w.r.t. investment, plus presumably level of control he can have in the overhaul.

that’s the rumors that have been coming out. Apparently he’s come back on the condition that he has full control with the recruitment. Also rumors that Ramos had a screaming match with Perez after the Ajax game.

Not so good for ex-Spurs players though. Wonder where Bale will end up.

Ronaldo highlighting what Real are missing this season by scoring a hat trick to dispatch of Athletico to see Juve through in the Champions league

I know this could probably be said almost every week, but some of Messi’s goals last night were utterly orgasmic. Especially the last one.

Real Racing Santander finished first in group 2 , segunda b. (3rd level)

Home and away playoff for promotion. First game at home Sunday evening local time. Likely full house 22k. Our opposition Atletico Baleares have a home ground with capacity of 1250.

If we stuff this up we play a knockout tournament with all the teams 2-4th from all four groups, last one standing gets promoted.

Only pre-season but holy shit Madrid are a rabble. Getting absolutely destroyed by Atleti, some of the defensive “efforts” by Real players have been shameful.

I see it finished 3-7 with a red card for Carvajal and Costa. What a bonkers game in preseason.

It was 7-1, and Atleti could’ve easily had double figures, before the two late consolations. They were DIRE.

Lots of talk in Spain about Bale leaving Real Madrid.

Zidane s son is playing keeper for Santander, we got protomoted back to segunda. Zidane Snr attended trial game on weekend v Athletic de Bilbao, crowd of over 12000 on hand.

No offence but there’s been talk of that for the past 6 months

1 Like

It s interesting as he s had game time in the pre season as far as i can see. Today he’s been left out of the squad for a pre season game in Austria.

Bale?? He’s been out of pretty much every game in the pre-season. Have a look at the transfer thread, there’s a fair bit about him in there.

Barcelona lost to Athletic Bilbao 1-0 without Messi this morning. 38 year old Aritz Aduriz scores a bicycle kick with his first touch off the bench in the dying minutes. Poor from Griezmann to on his debut.

in my FM game with Athletic a few years back I won the league with Aduriz dominating, then he retired a club legend becoming my assistant after a few years.
legend.

1 Like

Watching Racing Santander V Fuenlabrada in Segunda. They were promoted this year and with most of the same players are coming 4th. Oriol Riera starting for them.

Racing is 2nd last, 2nd coach already and 10 draws so far this season!

Just looked that up and noticed another ex Wests flop Alvaro Cejudo played for the home side and was apparently MOTM.
What warm recollections they must have of their time together in Sydney.
Also Riera has 16 matches for Fuenla, 0 goals and one assist.

I thought the name Cejudo sounded familiar. Relegation is looking more likely now…

Overnight-segunda- Rayo Vallencano v Albacete game suspended at half time due to ultra’s calling a Ukrainian player a Nazi. Big signs as well.

First time a professional game has been stopped in Spain for abuse of a player.

What is astonishing about that is that this is the first time a game has been stopped for abuse of a player!

Where are the days when you could throw a pigs head on to the pitch?