The Nux 18/19 - should they stay or should they go now?

I’m sure CCM will help out and make themselves his sixth A-League club.

They might be the only option. Or maybe a return to Brisbane?

Thought of Wests but Babbel made it clear in the last presser they have no room under the cap at the moment, they’d need to move someone else on first. No one else in the top 6 would touch him.

Please, nooooooo…

CCM have rather hilariously confirmed they’re out via their twitter.
That leaves, Newcastle, SFC and Adelaide left for him to punch on his card - and I doubt he’ll get any love there.

West Melbourne need some “a-league experience” on their roster

Expansion will no doubt throw another chance to guys like this who the HAL should’ve passed by by now, but if that’s where he was going why would he agree to early termination and reduced cash for the next 6 months? Coke is expensive. :wink:

Will be interesting to see where he turns up.

Nichols was a hilarious signing at the time. Can’t wait to see which other HAL club takes a punt on him and then gets mutual about two months later.

Youd think hes off to another small Asian league. Mariners wouldn’t be dumb enough…and hes very far from guys like Vince Lia who can provide something for the squad in general.

Hmmmmm…

Well isn’t he a glass half full kind of a guy.
They’ve steadily climbed the ladder this season and are playing a home game in Campbelltown, they’re already going places!

That’s just crying out for Ivan Necevski to come back to the A-League.

Nux apparently looking at Joyce, Aloisi and Kurz as Rudan replacements.

Bit late for April Fools Day…

I’m not shocked by Kurz but the other two would be dire.

Sadly for the Nix everytime they have a good year they seem to fall back again straight after. Joyce would be a remarkable choice if true, considering the budget and facilities at City he has been incredibly ineffective.

I thought so but the article I saw about it was posted pretty late

Surely there’s some other quality from the NPL who deserves a go. They did pretty well with Rudan. Names escape me right now. Kurz would be mad to go to Welly. Really I wouldn’t be surprised if goes back to Germany after this season. And of course, Welly would be mad to go for the other two.

I’m pretty sure Mori is doing alright in SA. Chris Taylor in the NPLV also has his name chucked around now and again.

1 Like

Either of those would be better than recycling the same garbage, to be honest. Just like the best NPL players needing more opportunities, so do the best NPL coaches.