The Podcast Thread

Lex Fridman is good if you can handle a host with the personality of a robot

Space time with Stuart Gary. He used to do Star Stuff on Radio National but ABC budget cuts pushed him into Podcasting.

The History of Rome with Mike Duncan. He finished that project years ago and is now doing “Revolutions” which is a history podcast of various revolutions - French, Mexican, American and Russian.

1 Like

Having a listen to a few from the back catalogue. Enjoying it.

Ah so that’s what happened to him. I used to listen to Star Stuff the podcast. Didn’t realise that he was still at it.

When Star Stuff stopped it was a sad day. Best science programme in the English speaking world. The format is almost unchanged, just different intro music.

NB You will have to subscribe but it is ad free and less than a coffee a month.

Glad to hear it. It’s funny, I think that some of the best eps are actually with guests with expertise that is furthest from his domain because he asks both the basic and more detailed questions. The interviews with with actual physicists can get dense very quickly and sometimes don’t make the best content.

are we talking a large soy/almond milk latte with a pump of caramel made with single origin coffee sourced straight from a monkeys butt?

If you can get that for $4.99… yes.

Not really a podcast, more an interesting FaceBook page

He has dozens of videos that are similar to this…

https://youtu.be/qfIRHREMgm4

Recommendations:

-Dead Meat, extension of the YouTube channel. The pod is run by the wife of the husband-wife pair, while the main part of the channel including Kill Counts is more the hubby’s domain.

-DnDnD, Dinner and Dungeons & Dragons (includes James and Chelsea from Dead Meat)

-Citations Needed by Nima Shirazi and Adam Johnson (for dirty leftists, such as myself)

-The Deprogram (even more for dirty leftists). They do an episode with Boy Boy, who are from Sydney.