The Seria A Thread

Seems very intense. Reading the article in the gazetta dello sport, seems that the document from ASL doesn’t prohibit the travel to Turin, yet suggests self-isolation thereafter. Juve say they will play. Now that it’s Sunday morning, the morning for the transfer up north. Let’s see what happens.

UPDATE: the league has said the game will go on!

1 Like

Udinese 0-1 Roma. First goal for Pedro in Roma colours, but that left foot kick in the first half by Lasagna was insane. Udinese still without the 3 points. Great squad nonetheless.

Sassuolo 4-1 Crotone. Unless your friendly with other clubs in Emilia Romagna, watching Sassuolo play is enjoyable. Fast, organised and takes hold of good chances.

Serie B: Entella 0-2 Reggiana. First victory for the club from Emilia Romagna in twenty odd years in B. So far, the three new boys (Monza, Reggiana (reggio emilia club), Reggina (calabria club) have got their campaign off to a good start. The word went around even before the start of the second division that Monza and Reggina (calabria) would play good football and be promoted to serie-a directly, but it is a long road ahead.

2 Likes

bluesKa - no faith in Empoli rising up again?

1 Like

@pietro Man, I would put Empoli in the mix for the promotion, but you know it’s difficult in B. They played a nil all draw this weekend against one of the clubs that I mentioned before. What about yourself? Do you support Empoli?

Yes, Empoli but, more so, Fiorentina. When I lived in Italy (late 1970s, early 1980s), Empoli was in Serie C so, even though I worked in that lovely little city for two years (and lived there for about 6 months), I focused on going to watch Fiorentina play (and Giancarlo Antognoni star)

Well, I wish you well for either of the two. It’s difficult to see Fiorentina do any better than previous seasons, but I have been wrong before. :wink: Would love to see more central-Italian clubs pushing the leagues to better places!

Yes, indeed, bluesKa. Fiorentina are a bit too Florentine. So much elegance but not enough results. Empoli are hard scrabble team that have for years done amazingly well for a club from a town of 45,000 people just down the river from the big city with the big club. They see themselves as in the job of producing good talent they then sell on. And, of course, Empoli has that strong Australian connection via Bresc and Grella (and I had hopes for Brillante there too). What is your connection to Emilia Romagna?

Producing good talent and then selling them off is a difficult one for the clubs, this is really what serie c is 100% about.
No connections apart from too many plates of ravioli and a few games. :sweat_smile:

Juventus - Napoli. Well this one is a mess!

Milan 3-0 Spezia. Even without Ibrahimovic, Milan are continuing to produce the results in the league and the European qualifiers, and this is their second game in a week. Must be making a few tail feathers jiggle for the Milan fans here. :joy:

Lazio 1-1 Inter. Sunday afternoon’s have never been better for football. Two attacking squads. Abit of drama with two red cards and Vidal’s first game back.

Atalanta 5-2 Cagliari. La lunchtime partita was brilliant. If anybody out there is looking for a new team to follow, it’s hard to argue and find a more exciting fresher squad than Atalanta right now. On top of that, there a video making the rounds of the fans on their scooters supporting the team bus as they make their way to the stadium before the match. Great support!

Serie B: Cittadella 3-0 Brescia. For those who follow clubs in the second division, cittadella will play serie a football soon. They have played great attacking and organised football now for a few years, edging always in the promotion race. Plus they have an Italian-Australian manager who’s been at the helm for a while now, producing the stability.

Pisa 1-1 Cremonese. Top class free kick goal from cremonese just before the half time pause, it’s truly brilliant! :sunglasses:

Atlanta with 13 goals in 3 games to start the season is just amazing stuff

1 Like

Chiesa è bianconero! Last moment transfer from Florence to Torino. Ruffled feathers in Florence today. This hasn’t been the only time Fiorentina have gotten upset at transfers to Juventus.

Chiesa is such a wonderful player. Now gone to the old enemy. Memories of Baggio, Cuadrado and lots of others in their prime. And Fiorentina get great Juve players but only right at the end of their careers. Bastardi!

That viola kit is lovely.

1 Like

Everything is beautiful about la Viola except they don’t win enough competitions for how much great play they produce. If you will indulge me, here are the two great Fiorentina no.10s of the last decades, Antognoni and Rui Costa. Very similar players. The big difference is that Rui Costa had Battistuta up front and Antognoni did not have anyone of near that quality:

1 Like

Cristiano Ronaldo has been tested positive fo COVID 19.

Napoli 4-1 Atalanta. What a clash. Add in a pizza margherita and a borghetti shot and you would have a sweet Saturday afternoon set set set! Don’t be stalled by the result, it would be hard to see these two clubs not giving Juventus a run for their money this campaign.

Serie B: Pescara 1-2 Empoli. At the stadio adriatico without the curva nord was a strange sight to see, a new lockdown is knocking on the door, makes a return to the stadium a step further away. The match: a squad like empoli is always reaching for a promotion, the midfield fast paced and skilled to service the front has always been a threat, but the boys from abruzzo played the ball well. Slick passing where it counted against a strong and organised defence from empoli. An improvement from a slap in the face two weeks ago in reggio calabria against reggina. Empoli has a great team together, always ready to attack. What I really enjoy about empoli’s matches are their organisation. They don’t seem to put a foot wrong, if it wasn’t for the defence of the opposing team.

Salernitana 4-1 Pisa. One of the most active terraces in Italy, again it was strange to see an empty terrace without it’s supporters. For those interested. Salernitana, a club from a stones throw from naples with ownership by Lazio famed Claudio Lotito, the club from salerno have built a good team to fight for promotion into serie a, one would ponder and imagine a derby showdown with Napoli in the top division! Last season they played consistently, this year in covid 19 surroundings, the club has begun well. A strong result this afternoon should put a few clubs nervous.

Pordenone 3-3 SPAL. Two clubs with a lot of hunger. For those who recall Pordenone in Coppa Italia semi final against Milan a few seasons ago may remember a strong and organised squad. They haven’t changed. This afternoon at a 14:00 k.o. a home match far away from their own city and fans, began a new chapter in a new stadium for Pordenone (surrounded by a water park :sunglasses:) . A welcome and a strong addition to serie b for two seasons now! A classic game!

39 and still dominanting. Have to give it to him…

Haven’t followed serie a much this season, but will have to get back on it. Roma fan (due to family mainly: my partner is from Rome) but don’t have overly high hopes for this season.

Feel free to contribute :muscle:

Roma have a good squad imo. The inclusion in the Europa League will push the team to its limit. Will be interesting. Without Smalling, Roma take on Benevento in tonight’s 8:45 k.o. match in the capital. Shouldn’t be the most challenging, for benevento however Inzaghi has a good squad in hand. The likes of Lapadula and Robert Insigne (brother of the Napoli player Lorenzo) up front always challenge defenders. On loan Torino player Falque is set to make an impact possibly a replacement for Insigne.

Lapadula was on the score sheet for Benevento but Roma put 5 past them for the win.

1 Like