The Seria A Thread

To save a click, they want to by AS Roma

2 Likes

Iranian referee that moved to Australia to referee in the A-League Men. He’ll happily allow players to kick the shit out of each other, but is famously intolerant to any backchat.

He has got some headlines recently giving a second yellow to an Iraqi player after celebrating a goal at the Asian Cup.

Ah right, I only watch Sydney matches so I wouldn’t know who the refs are these days :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Lazio 1-2 Bologna! Great result again for the bolognesi, first win at the olimpico in 12/13 years apparently if I don’t mistake. CL positions up for grabs!

1 Like

Any of the Roma fans here (or others) have any contacts that may be able to get us tickets for the Europa league match in Brighton?

2 Likes

I was about to ask a similar question.

Keen to head down to Brighton.

What about the Roma home match?

Nobody who I’d be confident to ask for tickets. Is there nothing available through the regular online outlets?

It won’t make it to sale to non season ticket holders unfortunately.

My missus can’t get time off work on a thursday/friday at such short notice. At least with Brighton we can get on a train directly after work and make it in time from London.

Maybe I’ll just had to keep an eye out for tickets through a reseller.

@andy91 have you ever gone to the Roma UK fan club pub in London? We’ve been meaning to check it out. Was thinking could maybe reach out to them and see if anyone there can get us tickets. Maybe some last minute ones will pop up.

You’ll pay for it, but what about through hospitality packages? Probably won’t be in the away end though

Nope, never been. Could be worth a shot though.

Sadly won’t be going, forgot I had other commitments on the 14th :expressionless:

Huge Sunday evening in football in Italy today. At 18:00 Atalanta - Bologna both clubs are sitting around the champions league qualification with similar points so this match will be very interesting, Bologna having a season of seasons. Was listening to Radio Bologna Uno on the radio app and the feeling in the city is obviously good and very positive towards this match.

Also, Juventus - Napoli at 20:30. The bianconeri sit second under Inter and a 12 point difference, while Napoli’s post scudetto season could be looking better as they sit 8th with 7 points to catch up to Roma who have the current Europa league position.

1 Like

Bologna ended up beating Atalanta 1-2, amazing scenes! :laughing: Both clubs started strong, and it was Atalanta that took the lead first with a great strike by Lookman, but Bologna was getting stronger. A penalty call and then goal for the visitors built courage and then a few minutes later the Scottish captain Ferguson scored a brilliant goal just outside of the box. Great game!

1 Like

AC Milan v AS Roma

Optus Stadium, Perth on 31/05/24

Hopefully the WWE left the elimination chamber there to spice up the evenings entertainment

It should be a good fixture, but I won’t justify a trip to Perth for it. Even if there was cage fighting.

De Rossi has got us playing well. Might actually get a contract beyond this year.

1 Like

I’ll admit, he has surpassed my expectations. It’s amazing, the difference between a team trying to win and a team trying to not lose.

2 Likes

Nice performance last night, although still a little dodgy at the back. I find the changes most noticeable when counter attacking, with Jose it was so slow, they seemed to prefer just keeping possession and building up slowly. Now they are trying to hit on the counter as quick and direct as possible.

Also getting it wide and crossed in early before the defensive side has time to get back into good shape. It was nice to see Spinazzola putting in a few good crosses in last night, first time since his injury at the Euros he’s looked like he has some confidence again.

1 Like

The big match fever tonight Bologna-Inter!!! :sunglasses:

Inter top spot on the table with a clear lead on 72 points, Juventus second 57 points who take on Atlanta (6th 46 points) on Sunday at 18:00, 3rd Milan with 56 points (next match against lowly Empoli 15th) and then 4th spot it’s high flying Bologna 51 points (champions league position). Roma at 5th position with 47 points (up against Fiorentina Sunday evening 20:45). Maybe it was easier to pin a picture :laughing: anyway… big match for Bologna, almost CL fever-like. The manager Thiago Motta is doing a great job :clap:

EDIT: Bologna 0-1 Inter. The home side played really well, missing that star quality striker or two.

1 Like