The Seria A Thread

Yes, they were more on the books for Empoli. Carl Valeri played a few games for Ternana before his a-league career. Before that, he had been playing at Grosseto, who competed in serie b during his stay there.

Shouldn’t raise any eyebrows really, as the saying goes… vincere non è importante, è l’unica cosa che conta (winning isn’t important, it’s the only thing that counts).

News coming in today, official, the Napoli Stadium to be named after Maradona!

3 Likes

Lakaku on track to break the record 46 goals in 63 games
Shevchenko is the fastest 50 goals in 69 games

Serie B: Ascoli 0-2 Pescara. While this weekend there were matches like the derby della mola in Torino, which attracted as many international viewers as there are Vasco Rossi album sales, there was another derby that was worth watching, in Ascoli Piceno. A derby that when you compare to the one in torino is much smaller, obviously, but between the faithful, it is just as big and fierce. The match: Ascoli manager Delio Rossi choosing a defensive 4411 line up, and a surprise inclusion of former Foggia midfielder Alberto Gerbo into the starting eleven from the norm, should have set up a solid foundation, but it was the visiting club Pescara, with a new manager Roberto Breda that stole the show. Early on, the match was intense and the passes were slick and direct, on top of pressure play on defenders from both sides of the field. Just before 20’, pescara midfielder Nzita was brought down on the edge of the box, resulting to a penalty. Pescara striker Galano shooting the ball past the keeper thereafter. From there, the play was intensified, which was evident on tackles, some really rough. One specifically to ascoli midfielder Saribi further on, having an ambulance arrive on the ground. As the home club continued to search for the equilizer, coming closer with each attack, pescara made a great break on the left wing after a turn of ball deep in their own half, led by the attackers Galano and Ceter, who eventually passed the ball with each other into the ascoli goal box and thereafter on the the boot of striker Ceter, goal, Pescara were up two nil. The second half was as intense as the first, however the visitors out played the ball. The salvezza may begin from here, having played well and playing as “the true team” today, which were the words of striker Cristian Galano in the post match interview. Producing the goods in this match, the same quality from here on in will have to be repeated by Pescara. Back to the drawing board for Delio Rossi’s Ascoli. I have to mention a final p.s. note: outside of the stadium, there is a hell wicked bar that for the gagliardetti lovers out there, like myself, which is filled up to the brim with them, most old as time. A worthy peek-in if your going to a match.

Mario Balotelli signs for Serie B squad Monza. The contract will last until summer 2021, renewable should they get promoted to serie a.

1 Like

Who agrees?

Why does anyone bother with this guy? They’re not going to change him. Is his the wasted career of the 21st century so far?

I’d have Niklas Bendtner up there on that list as well.

My honest opinion, Balotelli brings attention, which result in earnings, and if they can manage what ever issues his had with previous clubs, I don’t see it a bad thing. He brings famdom, and was “fantasy linked” to many clubs when news came out of his exit from Brescia. Speaking of which, when he played for Brescia last season the quality was still there (Nice and Marseille in Ligue 1 included). Over the weekend, Monza played away at Reggio Emilia, and they lost three nil to a club having an awkward season so far, a result less desirable for a club with asparations of the top flight.

You have Cassano and Quaresma, as well. Also I’d argue Ronaldinho. He had a few good years and then just plummeted downwards.

2 Likes

Sebastian Giovinco as well. He was the heir apparent to ADP and as his moment arrived he upped sticks and went to Toronto and is now in Saudi Arabia.

1 Like

Totally agree! He could have been godlike in Italy.

He can still redeem himself by coming here when Ninko retires.

:joy::sunglasses: Absolutely!

Do you really think he is going to become a great Coach?

Cowboy… this forum is filled with cynical assholes , but most will be kind and understand where each individual is coming from.

To answer your question and not taking my bros localized knowledge at all for granted…

He needs time.

I see what his doing akin to what Zidane did with Madrid.

Do YOU think Zidane is a great coach?

Ok , got it, just new to this Forum

1 Like