The Siem de Jong Thread

He’s getting more involved, which is good, but it’s ridiculous that we’re effectively playing him as a right winger.
Keen to see him playing central and just off ALF.

That will be happening soon, with brosque being rested in some games and De Jong playing alongside ALF while Caseres or DDS take up his wide position on the right.

Yes, that’s why I mentioned it.

Our formation isn’t really that the wide right is a winger they’re more an inside forward. And Adrian did more than okay from the same position

Adrian played much more centrally last season.

Ever since we’ve told him to play wider hes gotten more room and look 10x better. Having 2 narrow 10s was our problem not very long ago. Siem pulling wide has been a big part of our improvement going forward.

I don’t know about that. He’s not dribbling down the byline and whipping in crosses or cutting inside. In attack he drops into the hole in the first phase and then hangs around the top corner of the box.

Very much the same role as Adrian last season, I’d say.

Liked when he was cutting inside - he has a mean shot on him and he causes problems for defenders. Really nice to see him getting through rough challenges.

Some very good through balls from him on Friday.

So can we make the lyrics official now?

He’s scoring all day* long
His name is Siem de Jong
He’s got a massive schlong
Gonna fuck you all night* long
Siem, Siem de Jong
Siem, Siem de Jooong
Siem, Siem de Jong
Siem, Siem de Jooong

*day/night can alternate depending if an afternoon or evening game. :+1:

So bad

1 Like

I feel like “he’s scoring all night long” is not lot better than “ballin’ all night long.”

the first phrase having “all day long” and the next phrase having “all night long” works best from a songwriting perspective.

Also scoring works better than ballin’ IMO

1 Like

We might not be singing that for a few weeks :frowning:

We occasionally sing songs for players who aren’t currently playing…

Bittersweet goal, but I really liked Siem from what we saw in the opening 25 against Nix. In recent weeks he’s been really good, especially when paired with le Fondre.

I hope we’re all jumping the gun with a long term injury (although from his scream and the way he jumped it sounds bad). I’ll be really disappointed if that’s the last we see of him in sky blue because he was looking good. If he has played his last game for us, going out while scoring a goal is probably the most sensational way to do it.

He is listed as out on the squad list with the comment ‘knee - awaiting scans’.

Hopefully nothing serious, commentator said he was walking around after coming off, so probably not an ACL tear.

Players have been known to get up and walk around with an ACL tear. Even one of the guys in my weekend team did his ACL, was in pain, but got up and walked off the pitch afterwards (slightly limping) but we didn’t think it was that bad until he had the scans done. He was out for about 10 months.

I too walked off the pitch (and in my normal life for ten months until the surgery was convenient) after doing my ACL. You only need a working ACL if you want to do anything fun. Walking is no problem.