The Tennis Thread

Ash Barty just made her first grand slam singles final! Awesome stuff

Good for her.
But the idea of tennis just put me to sleep.

Top headline writing in today’s Herald:

Just watching the Djoker on tv… his sponsorship letters coming off his jacket… so Brisbane Roar ACL jerseys are in good company

Nick Kyrgios is at it again, another pathetic display combined with a meltdown over having to get his own towels.

This Andreescu/ Sakkari game is ridiculous. 7-6 6-7 2-2. Both players going for a winner every shot and the returning has been immense. Neither deserve to lose

Bit of an upset this morning with the Joker losing in the US open final to Medvedev.

Rod Laver still the last man to win a Grand Slam

Djokovic is a giant sack of thrush so this brings immense levels of schadenfreude.

You love to see it. Straight sets too!

1 Like

Good stuff Barty

1 Like

Stirring comeback in the second set. Well deserved victory. Well done, Ashley, you tiny national treasure, you​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Massive win under pressure with the whole country supporting her. Shades of Cathy Freeman in 2000 almost

I reckon it would have been easier if she didnt let Collins win 5 games first.

Now for Kokkinakis and Cockhead to lose.

Is there anything more annoying than a tennis crowd though?

Is that a mullet with a dirty moe?

It must have changed recently. I went to the 2019 and 20 Aus Opens and didn’t notice anything like this year.

1 Like

It’s the Kokkhead factor.

1 Like

Yeah, makes sense. I saw Kyrgios-Raonic in 2019 on John Cain Arena and that was a great atmosphere without being over the top. Shame it’s degenerated into this.

I find the noise/booing between serves and after double faults especially egregious, personally.

Let’s go skips.