The Tennis Thread

I’d prefer Nadal win over Medvedev, however that would mean Federer will drop down a place in all-time grand slams, and he’s not winning another one. I’m conflicted.

Medvedev really took it too far with the umpire last night. A real shame Tsitsipas (and Zverev) fold like cheap tents at the slightest bit of pressure.

I think the idea of tennis crowds being silent is complete wank.

2 Likes

Get a tennis player to take the most important penalty kick in a nations history in 30+ years in front of 82000 screaming fans and watch them melt down.

Softer than butter left out in Alice Springs in December.

Looks like he is going to win but what a fucking wanker Medvedev is . Yelling at the ball kids ffs

I just came in here to post that this Medvedev fella seems very unlikeable

Passing resemblance to Didi Hamann imo.

Hell of a match this.

The Russian - pure evil.
download

That was epic stuff. Outstanding result.

Great game

Tennis people are sensitive arent they?

I wonder if on their forums they have a whole thread dedicated to whinges about their streaming service app not working the way they want?

Their sport is on FTA!

Re: truculent tennis crowds. Need a tennis player to yell back at them like the great Jim Richards did at Bathurst 92. ‘You’re all a pack of arseholes’ :rofl:

2 Likes

Ash Barty is packing it in, retiring aged 25.

Geez what a shock. Hopefully she changes her mind after a period away from the court, still so young

It might be that she’s doing the Teresa Polias and starting a family thing.

Plenty of names in tennis have come back and had a solid career after having a kid (if that’s what she’s planning) so she could well do it too if she wanted.

I take it she doesnt rate herself on the US hardcourts?

It’s a dilemma for women world over.

Have a professional life, or children. But yeah, we’re now seeing more and more women in industries and sports accomplish both.

More power to 'em.

Kokkinakis would be beating just about anyone else on the tour the way he is playing.
I hate Djokovic but he really is one of the best we’ll ever see.