The Tennis Thread

Nothing like Kyrgios getting shitty about being abused by the crowd, right after he abuses the umpire…

He sure loved it when the home crowds were doing it to his opposition.

So that Kyrgios guy, at least he’s vaxxed right?

Seriously though, I hate to see sports people with immense natural talent squander what they have.

Kyrgios is like Mark Waugh to me but taking the Anthony Mundine path to get there.

Kyrgios is losing the plot here.

Just a shame 1 player had to win

1 Like

I’ve always defended Nick, and hope he’s gained some new fans from this tournament.

are you defending him in his domestic violence case?

Kyrgios is a prick and a c*nt of the highest proportion, but even then, it’s worth noting he has every right of a presumption of innocence until he’s proven guilty… Otherwise you’ll be going down an extremely slippery slope…

1 Like

The charge he hasn’t been convicted of, you mean?

Paulska beat me to it.

3 Likes

Kyrgios is arguing mental health as a defense against the domestic violence allegations…

Can we stop pretending that kyrgios is just a misunderstood battler now?

1 Like

Charges dismissed

The legal system is so backwards sometimes.
Someone pleads guilty and charges are dismissed and then everyone will say well, he had the charges dismissed so he didn’t do it.

1 Like

without trying to dismiss domestic violence as it’s obviously a very serious matter, but like the judge said, he wasn’t going to charge him with criminal behaviour as it happened once, many many years ago and there’s been zero instances of this happening since, which suggests it was completely out of character. The point of the system is to take out people that show patterns of behaviour, or commit extremely serious crimes, not to charge every single person for every transgression.

2 Likes