The travelling circus: stadia discussion

Also, the roof seems to recede too far back.

Actually its starting to look a little old hat, probably best to knock it over now before it ages further, and get cracking on the new one.

3 Likes

Lol, I’d forgotten one entire side of it is corporate.

I have mates who are Eels season ticketers (dumped my membership in 2006 in favour of an SFC one :wink:) and they’ve been bitching about ticket allocations. Turns out there’s not that many good seats left on half way on the opposite side so they’re pretty pissed about what they’re being offered (one of them has been a season ticketer for as long as I’ve known him, that’s approx. 30 years consecutive, and he’s being offered shit seats).

SCG was such a bad venue for the derby I can only imagine it being way worse with a smaller crowd. I know we’re bit of a moving circus this year but I dont mind one brookvale game

2 Likes

Has there ever been an a-league game at brooky?

I don’t think so.

Insanely jealous of NWSW new ground. It’s an absolute ripper.

Looking forward to Brookie though, should be good fun.

Assuming you’re PT’ing it as mentioned above, get a bus from Wynyard that goes there directly (L90?) or, depending on schedule, to Neutral Bay & change. The ground is on the main road so there are several services that go past it. If you’re close to the M30 route another option is to get it and change at Neutral Bay
The option I would take though is to gt the ferry to Manly and either spend the day there then get the bus to the ground, or as previously mentioned, head to the brewery precinct for the arvo then to the ground.

Getting out of there would be problematic and take a fair while though, I would imagine.

1 Like

Don’t worry about the L90. From Wynyard there’s now “B- Line” big yellow double decker buses that do a limited stop route up the northern beaches. Get off at Warringah Mall and it’s a short walk.

Brookvale Oval has hosted a few NSL games with Northern Spirit but never an A League match. In case you’re wondering it’s still a fucking dump.

Demolition is/was scheduled to start on Wednesday but there’s a bit of a last minute snag because it appears that they have not fulfilled the State’s requirements for sending requisite paperwork to the Council:

Not sure if this has been raised yet, but it’s worth noting that while all the information from the club indicates we’ll only be homeless for three years (suggesting the stadium will be ready in time for the start of the 2021/22 A-League season), most media reporting and info from the state govt says the stadium will open in early 2022 (presumably for that year’s NRL season) - meaning we’d be homeless for a whole additional season…

Don’t get me wrong, I think the club has handled the situation well all things considered, but a whole extra year away from Moore Park would be a lot.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this shit even drags on longer than that. I’d imagine we will move into Parra stadium next season for the foreseeable future

It was always going to be a s…t sandwich, just weren’t sure how much bread and how much the former.

It was always going to be longer that the club said. Not because the clubs lied but because these things always seem to take longer.

Absolutely. Just look at how quickly other public works projects have progressed…

That’d be grand but the club seems really thrilled with Kogarah for whatever reason. I can’t see them moving sadly.

Speaking of which, I saw a club email saying all of our ACL matches will be played at Kogarah (not sure if that had already been confirmed).

ACL regulations say that all spectators must be seated, so I guess that means the hill will be closed off for those games.

If the regulations are the same as they were for the Asian Cup in 2015 then it just means that the number of tickets sold will be capped at the seated capacity, but people will still be allowed onto the hill if they choose. For the Socceroos’ semi-final in Newcastle they only sold 22,000 tickets (the number of seats available in the ground) but spectators were still allowed on the hill.

Austadiums.com suggests there are only 8,500 seats at Kogarah, so that would be our capacity for ACL matches.

On an unrelated note (I’m not sure if this is the right thread, apologies if not) - I’m a Cove member but will be going to this weekend’s match with my Dad, who is keen to reserve a seat. Is there a way for me to upgrade my ticket for this match to a reserved one?

The most recent regulations I could find say

All spectators shall be seated. Their seats shall be individual and separated,
affixed to the structure (eg. the floor) and comfortably shaped, with backrests to
provide support.

Interpreting that as “all spectators must have a seat available to them” is an interesting one but sounds like they allow it.

Our average home attendance over the last two ACLs is a bit over that mark, so I’d hope we’d be able hit ‘capacity’ for every match