The travelling circus: stadia discussion

Serious question - how does one from the correct side of the harbour actually get there without a car?

Great idea to have a match on the Northern Beaches / North Shore. It’s the club’s catchment area. Outside of the scope of the club and more something Manly & govt need to get onto too, but Brookvale is shocking these days. I did a ride up the northern beaches over Christmas/NY and rode into the ground as it’s opened by council daily for walker/dog walkers/etc. You really get an appreciation for the state of a venue when it’s completely empty and Brookvale is still stuck in the 80s. Distance from seat/grass to field is phenomenal though, on par or even better than Leichhardt

1 Like

There are heaps of buses that go from Wynyard. It sounds like they’ll have event buses anyway to stop outside the stadium.

Club email says they’ll be working on public transport arrangements and will let us know soon.

W League games at Cromer Park have been packed as well. Even the last game where thunderstorms stopped play there were heaps of people turn up and stay.

The B-Line takes 45 minutes to get there so I imagine event buses would be just a bit less than that.

Fuck right off.

If I bother I’m only going so I can piss on the Ken Arthurson Stand.

With 4 Pines Truckbar and Nomad around the corner, the pre-game drinking options should be very solid.

Not sure if you’ve been there yet, but Seventh Day is really good. It’s just in behind the bus depot.

I was originally annoyed about this but the fact that it’s replacing one of the SCG home games rather than a Kogarah or Leichhardt one, makes up for it somewhat.

1 Like

Also, just noticed it’s 7pm… on a Sunday night. Tips it back to the negative again.

Shit, I didn’t realise this. Not looking forward to getting home after 10.

I’m the opposite. Really enjoyed the SCG derby and have been looking forward to getting back there. Wouldn’t mind so much if Brooky replaced one of the Kogarah or Leichhardt games (even if SCG would be pretty empty against Heart).

I also know a couple of members who have not ventured to Kogarah yet. Typical Eastern Suburbs types :wink: but this is definitely one game less they will be attending, they’re only dead certs for games at Moore Park.

Personally I generally can’t make Sunday game but I think it is a good move. Being latish on a Sunday anywhere people are going to be turned off showing up so being a novelty for the locals might drag them out.

Being greedy North Sydney would be easier for me to get to but I don’t know what state it’s lighting & facilities etc are in. Being an NRL oval means Brooky should be able to handle the VAR at least unlike apparently New Zealand.

Those regular 10-13K games at the SCG will be morbid. But to be fair, the Cove setup seems good. Maybe We’ll relocate there. Kids are getting older, and let’s face it - all kids love swearing.

2 Likes

Latest photos from Wankfest Stadium including some of the amenities fitout. Looks pretty good.

2 Likes

yeah I saw those pics of Parra earlier - looks amazing TBH

very happy that Sydney FC is throwing a bone to all the members up north. Brookvale is not convenient for me personally, but its great that those northern members will also get to see a game played locally.

That stadium looks perfect for our purposes. So much better than “SFS the same size but new” which the voters of NSW are going to be saddled with ponying up for so that Alan Jones and his SCGT mates can do their dick swinging thing.

The rake behind the goals looks pretty shit tbh

I think the tier 1 rake all around the ground isn’t great but the 2nd tier is fantastic, and that looks to hold like 60% of the seats.
More of a drawback is that one we have to wear in Australia due to sharing with the rugby codes, where the front seats might end up 10m or more from the goal lines due to other sports’ in-goal areas.