The travelling circus: stadia discussion

How about a set of fluffy dice to hang from the Cove end jumbo tron.

And velvet, velvet on everything!

Hello folks we are looking for feedback on kogarah and Leichardt ovals please jump onto our Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/343083575772378/posts/2153475414733176/

I’ll hold any view until we play Perth at SCG in small crowd mode on 18 Apr to see how that works.
The big crowd mode is good for the cove but everyone else is a long way the sidelines.

But reality is that with the cricket SCG is out for much of the season so you need at least another ground.

1 Like

Also open day at Wankbest on 14 April

Tickets (free) here
https://www.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=BWOPENDA19

just asking for someone to take a few cove stickers in

5 Likes

All I’ve got to say now is this thing better good after all this.

I’m starting to think that maybe we should orientate the football pitch back to normal at the SCG. Here’s a pic I saw on FB taken at the NRL.

Yeah its nice to use the new grandstand but TBH the whole crowd seems to be a bit closer to the action when the pitch is the normal way?

Roosters sign on to SFS for 25 years.

I’ve been to tonnes of league games there and you’re only close to the pitch in the corners (as the picture shows), any other point of the ground your miles away from the action and wouldn’t get a clear view unless you’re high up in the stands.

interesting to see this, I wonder if they’ve confirmed rents yet? Or if they’re giving better options for renewing early

Must be some really favourable terms to be all-in like that - so early, and for so long.
New Parra took a lot longer to get anyone finalised - only in the last 12 months really.

That’s why I thought it was of interest. Is there benefit in being first? Or in hanging on?

Might have been offered better terms for being first. Gives confidence for others to get on board and locked away.

The oft forgotten third arm of this rebuild seems set to go ahead as planned. Also with a lot less hassle and protest to the SFS. I can’t help but think the reaction to the SFS rebuild was more a strike at the SCG Trust (or perhaps dis-Trust), than anything else.

Maybe just Westies being cunts.

You’ve got to be kidding yourself if you think it was anything but a political stunt by Labor

1 Like

I wonder how much the SCGT are paying them a year. Wasn’t the old deal 2 mil a year for the Roosters and Waratahs?

Oh definitely a political stunt by labour. But I also think a healthy dose of fuck you to the Trust by not just Labour but others

Also a lot of anti-sport sentiment from these liberal elites I’ve heard so much about.

1 Like

That ANZ stadium story highlights why the State government shouldn’t spend a penny on AFL for a couple of decades. The amount of cash poured into that place to make it shit so that it could potentially host AFL - so the Swans could use it for leverage with the SCG which is the only place they really want to play in - is a disgrace. And now the cash that has to be spent to fix it up.

2 Likes

Now now, it’s not like the VFL have prior form for this sort of… oh, wait.