The TV Show Thread

HUZZAH! The Great is erm…well you know…pretty great.

Yeah, I wasn’t sure what to expect but ended up really enjoying it.

HUZZAH!!

1 Like

The pool of Blu-rays I keep returning to includes;

Sopranos
West Wing
Buffy
Six Feet Under

EDIT
The Wire
Deadwood
I am not OK with This
Watchmen

Remove Six Feet Under and add Babylon 5 and you’re there.

(Six feet under was OK, but I really couldn’t rewatch it more than once)

I’ve been re-watching Supernatural. I’m scared to watch the last season as I don’t want to cry

its still onging, it’s more of a guilty pleasure now but it’s still watchable.

I know, I haven’t even watched the first episode of the last season yet. Although I’ll never forgive them for getting rid of Mark Sheppard

The Wire is one that I have re-watched, but the first couple of season are in 4:3 so it’s a bit hard to consume nowadays.

Freaks.

I’ve rewatched The Wire and Deadwood. I got much more out of Deadwood the 2nd time.

I’m kinda thinking of rewatching The Shield but am rather hesitant.

But how you can watch and watch and watch something that isn’t Monkey is beyond my ken.

1 Like

Another that I forgot to add to the list - “Watchmen”, “I am not OK with This” and “Devs” I have rewatched all these despite them all coming out just this year. Fairly certain I will be watching again.

I just reviewed my DVD collection and realised it has been some time since I watched Rumpole.

1 Like

Could Netflix please release a new series of The Crown every week!

Have been rewatching the first 3 seasons with my wife who hadn’t seen them, they’re all just as good the second time as they were the first.

Looking forward to getting up to the 4th season and the new eps.

Looking forward to the discussion on Thatcher’s portrayal as well as the IRA coverage on this forum. Actually, really just want to hear from Conan on the subject.

Just finished series 3 of Top Boy. Tremendous entertainment

My partner is rewatching from the beginning. Slightly tedious the 2nd time round, especially when the juicy period (80/90s) is now available.

Aunty Donna on Netflix is solid. Mate gave me a rock hard recommendation and its v silly but a good laugh. Few proper laugh out loud moments.

I gave the Aunty Donna show a whirl thinking i’d absolutely hate it but iits good for a few giggles.

I just finished Kingdom… devvo.

Crowns on my list.
Just finished Flea Bag - got there a little late. Great television. So many belly laughs.
Not heard of Aunty Donna, will take a look. Thx

Barbarians is a decent series on netflix for anyone that likes historical series. Follows the ambush in the Teuterborg Forest of Varus’ legions

I’m late to the party on this one, but Chernobyl is just phenomenal, I’m blown away at just how good it is.

2 Likes