The TV Show Thread

Lovecraft Country took a little while for me to get into but the episode set in Korea was just phenomenal television. I’m not THAT into Lovecraftian stuff but there’s enough there for me to stick with.

1 Like

Yeah the Korean ep was my favourite so far.

Been watching Lovecraft, Raised by Wolves, and The Boys the past few weeks and they’re all good.

Warrior S2 starts this weekend, and I’m very keen.

The Boys was a great comic series, I never thought I’d see a TV adaptation, Garth Ennis is an endless source of fucked up stories that would make great shows.

I haven’t read the books but I’m loving the TV series.
It’s weird, gross, dark and funny in all the best ways.

Do you think ‘Preacher’ being made successfully helped other people have belief that more Ennis works could make it on TV?

I really tried to like The Boys but it’s a all a bit too nihilistic for my taste.

Definitely the case, looking forward to Jennifer Blood.

Last two weeks I watched Condor, which has been out for sometime, and I did enjoy it, and I would recommend it, but I do wish the Americans could do a smart series set in the Intelligence Community that does not involve deep state actors and false flag operations. Read a couple of Le Carre novels and think about it!

I guess this is the correct thread. I was talking to a guy at work I’m friendly with. Hand to god he says not only has he never seen an episode of the Simpson’s, he has never even heard of Homer.

He is in his 30’s. Originally from India but he has been out here going on 10 years.

Is that even possible?

I can see that happening. From a poorer region in India, maybe limited TV and then when you’re on your 20’s in a Western Country, more interested in going out etc than watching TV. Still freaky…

I think he comes from a middle class sort of background, definitely not poor. He is just so involved with Indian culture ( TV’s music etc) he doesn’t pay western culture any attention. Apart from cricketers, I doubt he could name any Aussie sports people either

It’s certainly possible for someone not to know the Simpsons. I’m not sure about now but even just a few years ago, the Simpsons was not popular or well known in Japan.

Most of my friends of a similar age to me only know them from appearing in an ad for a drink called CC Lemon.

He can probably name all the cricketers.

#nostereotype

Surely they’d know about Homer from his resemblance to Mr Sparkle though?

9 Likes

I’m watching this thing called “Full Custom Garage”.

It’s another American reality custom car show.

But it appears to lack the over the top American reality show personalities.

This just appears to be art.

1 Like

It’s one of the better ones.

Am watching The Comedy Store documentary series on Stan, highly recommended if you love comedy.

Started watching The Great with the wife. Surprisingly enough i’m really enjoying it. They don’t really follow history too closely and they focus on Peter’s drinking and womanizing as a reason for him alienating the court, rather than his love of Prussia. But it’s still quite entertaining and is building it up quite nicely for when she takes over. I’m surprised how much i’m enjoying it, considering the screwing over of Poland by Russia in the period… :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah The Great was a lot of fun, I love the performance from Nicholas Hoult.

I’m watching The Sopranos for the 5th (?) time, it’s still absolutely compelling.