UEFA Champions League Thread

VAR can be your friend. Whether it’s toasting smores or raining down on City

I didn’t see any of the game but bloody hell it looks truly astonishing.

Either Spurs or Ajax will make the final.

considering they play each other in the semi… :stuck_out_tongue:

If Spurs can beat City again in the league, that’d be tops, thanks.

1 Like

God that would just make the year

1 Like

And Liverpool just have to avoid choking

1 Like

Wow, Liverpool lead 4-3 on aggregate, Barca just self imploding

fuck me… if there’s a team that constantly manages to pull that shit off, it’s Liverpool

2 Likes

In saying that, first two goals were from some pretty horrendous poor touches from Barca, with the last just plain simple and sloppy from the whole Barca team. About 6 players just going for a stroll…

True, but still incredibly impressive performance from Liverpool.

Really hard to see anyone else winning the title now.

What a result!

How would Liverpool fans feel about winning the Champions League but not the League?

I joked with a mate after the first leg that it was the perfect time to go visit Rafa on the weekend for a “half-tie” teamtalk, and that as he only needed 6 minutes to pull 3 goals back a full 90 mins at Anfield would be a piece of piss.

For it to actually happen, without Mo & Bobby… fucking hell. Phil & Luis can eat enormous bags of shit. :laughing:

Suarez had said before the game that he wouldn’t celebrate at anfield.

He is a man of his word

2 Likes

That 4th goal is one of the most insane in football.
The context, the level of players on the field.

You would be livid if that happened in a AA10 game.

The UCL knockout stage year on year is so, so fucking good.

Haven’t got a horse in this race either way, but you have to feel a bit happy for Liverpool/Klopp. Having the season they have had and coming away with nothing would be cruel. Salah gets another shot at a UCL Final too.

Barca were lucky in the first leg. Liverpool really should have had 2 or 3 goals and it’s no exaggeration to say that they could’ve won the game. They were getting through Barca’s defence a lot easier and more often than Barca were getting through theirs.
When you look at the goals Barca scored only Suarez’s, from Alba’s magical pass, really tore Liverpool apart. The second was a good counter but they were fortunate with the bounce of the ball on a couple of occasions and Messi’s free kick, as brilliant as he is, was very unlikely to reoccur in the 2nd leg.
It was only 12 months ago that Roma were able to overturn a similar deficit and it was “one of those European nights at Anfield” so I was so confident that they would go through I backed them to do so last Thursday. That confidence all but evaporated over the weekend when both Salah & Firmino were ruled out but Divock Origi…

As Klopp said, the first leg should never have been anything like 3-0, and the 2nd wasn’t a 4-0 either, but that’s how the scores finished. Overall, Liverpool did play better through a more difficult situation (injuries and the toll of a live title race) and it was a fair result.

The second great thing as a reds fan is that while I expect us to be knackered for the final EPL match, and while I still think Liverpool dropping points is the more likely scenario, this will totally fuck with Man City’s minds so maybe gives that hope of them slipping up.

Barcelona will have a huge complex from these last two CL campaigns. And Allison part of both of them…

Yeah, Fabinho was so unlucky there, he picked Messi’s pocket all night but that one just ran for them at a time LFC were well on top.

I’m stoked that if/when City get the chocolates this weekend such a remarkable season doesn’t instantly end in disappointment. This more than cushions any blow, onwards and upwards to Madrid.

Hey, a top corner belter from Messi didn’t knock us out of Europe, why would one from Kompany keep us from winning the EPL?

How’s that for mind games?

1 Like

Hindsight is wonderful, but still, how crucial was the Dembele miss in extra time of the first leg. A sitter too.

Barca now join Juve this season in making wholesale changes the league game before a second leg and looking absolutely lost once the first team is back for the second leg.