W-League 2020/21 Fixtures

Only one at Leichardt and its a weeknight. Not ideal.

Alot of double headers with the mens team too apparently.

1 Like

I thought they were doing away with the double headers? Obviously not an issue at ANZ but Jubilee wouldn’t have 4 change rooms, would it?

Why have two byes but only play half the teams teams twice?

Yeah I don’t get this at all.

Just a reminder, its a derby day today

Western Sydney Wanderers FC v Sydney FC

Bankwest Stadium, Parramatta
Kick-Off: 4:35pm (Local) (4:35pm (AEDT))

Referee: Kelly Jones
Assistant Referee 1: Sarah Ho
Assistant Referee 2: Emma Kocbek
Fourth Official: Isabella Libri

TV Broadcast: Live coverage on FOX SPORTS 505 from 4:30pm (AEDT), Sky Sport 7 (New Zealand), Kayo Sports (www.kayosports.com.au) and MyFootball Live App, Live Fast and Data Free for Telstra mobile customers

Western Sydney Wanderers FC squad:

1.Sarah WILLACY (gk), 2.Caitlin COOPER ©, 4.Margaux CHAUVET, 5.Courtney NEVIN, 6.Olivia PRICE, 7.Chloe MIDDLETON, 9.Bryleeh HENRY, 10.Libby COPUS-BROWN, 11.Danika MATOS, 12.Julian-Ann RUSSELL, 13.Georgia YEOMAN-DALE, 14.Aideen KEANE, 15.Rosie GALEA, 16.Isabel GOMEZ, 18.Sarah HUNTER, 19.Leena KHAMIS, 20.Courtney NEWBON (gk)
1 to be omitted

Unavailable:
Nil

Sydney FC Squad:

1.Jada WHYMAN (gk), 2.Teresa POLIAS ©, 3.Charlotte McLEAN, 5.Ally GREEN, 6.Clare WHEELER, 7.Ellie BRUSH, 8.Rachel LOWE, 9.Allira TOBY, 10.Remy SIEMSEN, 11.Cortnee VINE,12.Natalie TOBIN, 15.Mackenzie HAWKESBY, 16.Claudia CHOLAKIAN, 17.Angelique HRISTODOULOU, 18.Taylor RAY, 19.Charlie RULE, 20.Princess IBINI, 30.Katie OFFER (gk)

2 to be omitted

Unavailable:
4.Liz RALSTON (Hamstring – six weeks)

2 Likes

Hmm. I hope we can deliver the goods, but I don’t think it would be too pessimistic to say this is going to be a rebuilding season for us. If we get into the finals, I’d say its very likely that we will just sneak in. Hopefully we can transform Jada Whyman into a good W-League keeper, something that she wasn’t while at Western Suburbs.

Don’t suppose there’s radio coverage of this? I’ll be driving to the stadium during the first half. Worst case I suppose I play Kayo over Bluetooth and leave the phone in my glove box.

Amen, I’d assumed she was signed as backup, not our starter. :flushed:

Quality of this league has been on a steady decline for a decade, but with no Matilda’s left FMD its poor.

Siemsen is having a really good game and making our front three really gel.

On the evidence of one half of football, Vine is a good signing

1 Like

What a cracker

1 Like

Ibini with an absolute worldie

Absolute cracker that!

Any sky blues there should be singing “you’ve signed the wrong Ibini” for 90 mins later.

One moment of quality but we’ve been pretty terrible in the middle of the park.

2 Likes

And a double for Princess

Top drawer from Queen Princess

Sadly I just missed the game, but some superb finishing by the looks of it. That second goal was an absolute screamer. Good to see us getting a clean sheet as well.