Week 15 - 2020-21 Discussion

The cowbells. I know cowbells suck. I know there is better sounding cowbells.

Why did the cows pick the worst sounding cowbells possible for their fans to ding?

Yep I had that on background and barely looked up even though whatever was happening on my phone wasnā€™t that interesting.

Brisbane have been absolutely hapless.

I know Yeboah has scored a few goals this season and heā€™s already scored tonight, but gees he was only just offside there ā€¦

I like that VAR makes decisions without camera angles to be sure what is going on because fox are too stingy to bring any more cameras.

Donā€™t VAR have access to more camera angles than Fox or something?

Was just thinking I havenā€™t seen a team press less than this all year, and the utter lack of urgency extends to when they have it as well. Yet somehow Bambi On Ice has jagged a goal with his only contribution thatā€™s not a pass to 20m of vacant grass.

Nice one Danzaki. Champness with another great run. Shouldā€™ve probably scored a few minutes earlier.

Kosta officially has less end product thank Kwame Yeboah nowā€¦

Scotty Mac to win this? I canā€™t believe Baccus has been replaced by Troisi next to Dorrans.

Iā€™ve tried to be nice about the commentary this season but tonight Iā€™ve finally had enough of Speed and Slater. After the great run that Champness made that led to the Danzaki goal, Speed and Slater still spent the next 5-6 minutes trying to blame Ziggy Gordon and Mourdoukoutas for not doing something or rather. They can be on mute for every game for the rest of the season as far as Iā€™m concerned. Pathetic is the kindest word to describe it.

PS: I suppose Slater had about 10% responsibility for it but honestly, is it any wonder that Bozza gets the shits with him half the time? To Bozzaā€™s credit, heā€™s just way better at controlling himself this season than he was before.

3 Likes

JOWIC was absolutely flying last night. Makes you wonder how much further his career wouldā€™ve been without the rap career detour.

Sometimes sportspeople benefit from a break like that to stop them burning out or falling out of love for the sport. Ash Barty is a really good example.

Champness feels like he has stepped it up since he came back. Change of scenery, a break, maybe better perspective on football or good luck but he is looking dangerous.

I guess Champness had a dream to make it big with his rapping, and good on him for giving it a shot. It was a much more ambitious thing that he attempted than the majority of us will ever attempt, and to be honest he didnā€™t seem to disgrace himself. Heā€™s done pretty well to start showing some of his best football form after a year or so off.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t look good for Atkinson, not often you see a bloke in that much pain / tears over a hammy.

Who was commentating the Newy/WUN game? I know it wasnā€™t, but whoever it was really sounded like Simon Hill, and did a really good job.

The guy is called Robin Chipperfield, apparently. Yeah, heā€™s not bad.

1 Like

If it was him then itā€™s not surprising that he was very good.
I liked his cricket commentary on the ABC over the summer and Iā€™m pretty sure he did a fair bit of football work back in the UK.

Iā€™ve quite enjoyed the different commentators theyā€™ve used this year (obviously not the usual suspects)