Week 18 - 2020-21 Discussion

LOL at the armband chuckers nearly bottling a 4 goal lead.

Even when they win, they’re absolutely diabolical.

1 Like

I really enjoyed watching that - it’s almost like both teams lost that game. Victory win was the better result as they have no chance for the six, and after this loss the wanderers chances of a top 6 finish become a lot slimmer.

2 Likes

Didn’t watch any of it but I see it’s just another day in the A-League. Getting on the more than 2.5 goals market must be like printing money.

1 Like

The A League. Guaranteed the best league in the world or your money back!

1 Like

videotogif_2021.04.23_21.41.33

7 Likes

This is the greatest

Theyve now conceded 46 goals in 17 games or 2.7 a game. So just their defence wins you that.

The worst ever defensive season is Mariners in 15/16 where they conceded 70 in 27 games or 2.6 a game. Victory on track to beat it

I don’t remember the NSL ever being this good.

Take that, bitters!

1 Like

Pfft, I could leave me seat at Shark Park, go into the club, buy a beer and get back to my seat without missing a single, goddamn thing!

Tell that to the New Dawners and they’ll know believe you!

It’s crazy how this has turned into easily the best season of the HAL. There’s a banger of a game every round, defending is optional, Victory are in hilarious crisis, ALF is back in pog form.

Covid was the reset the league needed.

I couldn’t agree more - best season in history. And there’s still a fair bit to go. Can only imagine the madness we’re still to see.

Its been a really great season but potentially will end even better. If we go on an Alfie inspired run to the grand final it could be amazing.

For me, it feels like the league is finally embracing the ideal role within the football world by giving more kids a chance. Maybe it was mostly forced due to Covid, but the league really needs more Alou Kuols and less Taylor Regans. I hope this trend continues.

5 Likes

That’s a really nice strike from Metcalfe

Stokes really loves to hit that self destruct button.

MacArthur is in the top 6, Saturday night 7pm against a pretty Heart team that’s on top of the table and they draw 5 blokes and a dog?

What an awesome idea for a third Sydney team.

2 Likes

Macarthur are boring as fuck to watch. In a season of absolute bangers, don’t think they’ve had one entertaining game.

3 Likes

I only saw the highlights but I assumed there had been a COVID outbreak and fans weren’t allowed in the stadium

3,000 Pretty much bang on average for them. In fact, a heartening increase in their two previous crowds of 2700. They’ve created a slightly less than average popularity NSL club.

2 Likes

BUT MACARTHUR IS IN A GROWTH CORRIDOR!!!

2 Likes