Western Sydney Wanderers Thread- Cosplay Ultras Edition

Introducing your Honda Civic sponsored HatchbackOwner.

1 Like

Love it. :laughing:

The secret to not having to get basic concepts explained to you is to not post blatantly wrong nonsense.

In the interests of clarity, what I posted was an opinion… which despite your overbearing self-importance, I am entitled to do. Also, like, one of the purposes of internet forums generally. Thanks again.

(Sotto Voce: “WTF, the ignore function isn’t working?”)

If you change your mind. American Express sponsored Clovis… don’t leave home without it.

I eagerly await the return of Fox News Forte.

2 Likes

I would live my life out happily to the end of my days if he came back

What a bunch of lame arse fucks…

Markus Babbel was given a rap over the knuckles by Western Sydney Wanderers senior staff on Saturday night but it wasn’t because of his decision to take star playmaker Alex Baumjohann off midway through the first half. Instead, the Wanderers’ coach broke one of the club’s strictest rules by wearing an all blue outfit. The Wanderers forbid all staff from wearing the colour of their fiercest rivals while on the clock. It’s not the first time a Wanderers coach has breached this rule - Josep Gombau’s decision to wear a blue suit at his unveiling last year made for a poor first impression with his bosses

1 Like

Everyone loves a red suit.

Futher proof that our existence defines them.

3 Likes

Was there ever any doubt

Yeah,the Westies are waiting for Santa Claus(not lab) to bring them 3 points this year.

But next season they will play great in the Bye,even then theres always a chance they could get beat!

New Year’s Day, another demoralising loss for the Western Suburbs. RBB walk out at half time, apparently over fans being kicked out when some of them tried to hurl abuse at players in the tunnel. Obviously it’s just an excuse because they wouldn’t have done it if they were playing well and sitting on top of the ladder.

Things are absolutley toxic at the Wanderers right now, the fans are turning on the players and the management, the active fans are staging protests and fans are turning on each other.

In some ways a lot of what they are doing mirrors our RoT, but they take it to a new level and their expectations were higher due to their fairy tale start to life in the A-League.

When they were good I did worry they’d become like the ManU of the Fergie era and leave us in their wake, but they are looking more like Millwall and I fucking love it. Long may it continue, well into their new stadium era and suck any positivity out of the club.

Happy new year Western Suburbs fans!

2 Likes

The introduction of SWS may come at a really bad time for them; if SWS start off even remotely successfully then I can’t think of any reason someone from the South-West would become a Wanderers fan. There’d probably be some defections too, particularly any of the non-active fans who are just sick of the RBB.

I thought things would be bad, attendance-wise, with three home games in a week. It hasn’t started well. 8k in ANZ…

Yeah, it’s obvious why WSW were so desperate to negotiate a delayed introduction to the league for SWS. Obviously a shiny new stadium will help, but I think they were also trying to buy some time in the hope that they could start to get better performances on the field by then.

I know a bunch of WSW fans who have had enough of the RBB and feel that the RBB’s ethos isn’t aligned at all with theirs (racism, homophobia etc.). Most of them don’t go to games any more and have pretty much now disengaged from the A League altogether. They wouldn’t change to SFC because they started following the A League after WSW were introduced and see us as rivals, but I could definitely see them following a new club in SWS. I know some who live in Casula and Liverpool (pretty much in between the two stadiums) and one who lives in Penrith. Out of curiosity, I looked up how long it would take from Penrith to Parramatta and the same to Campbelltown, and there was a 6 mins difference in driving time.

So I agree, if SWS start off well and can provide a more family friendly experience then I think the WSW would have reason for concern.

Is anyone else wondering what Babbel’s tactics are for this team? You look at many other coaches who have been in the league over the years, namely Arnold, Muscat, Postecoglou, Merrick, all have a clear blueprint of how they want their teams to play. You can even look at Corica’s Sydney team this season and see how he wants the team to play. I don’t see a direction from Babbel and it certainly doesn’t help he effectively wrote his players off so early in the season. Their confidence is clearly shot.

So hopefully they will give Babbel a 5 year contract extension any time soon.

Tongyik released.

Too bad we’re stacked on CB options otherwise I’d be happy to have him. Looked quite promising at City but for whatever reason didn’t break into the Wanderers first eleven. I guess he was a Gombau signing.

Yeah he was a Gombau signing that never got a look in under Babbel. Clearly very talented, so he shouldn’t have any trouble finding a club.