Western Sydney Wanderers Thread- Cosplay Ultras Edition

They are going HOME!..the new decor paint is SKY BLUE!

How unfortunate that the likelihood of the stadium being filled up with any regularity is higher in FIFA than in real life.

If Leeds get promoted surely they move that game to Homebush.
With up to 6 games of NRL/Rugby being played there per weekend, on a playing surface also exposed to the issues that generally affect all new stadiums, that field will be in a horrible condition. There’s no way they will want to expose their squad to that in pre-season.
Considering VenuesLive run both ANZ & Bankwest Stadiums and there is nothing scheduled for ANZ from 13 July to 26 July I would say it has already crossed their minds.

It will be 100% the promoters final decision, but WSW will be begging to have it remain at Bankwest if that discussion is had.

The whole point of that game is to be a ‘first football game at the stadium’ It wont be moved, if it is its totally worthless. Leeds are just total whores and went to fucking Myanmar last year. They would barely get 20k to a game adevertised for ANZ from day 1.

1 Like

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

What the new ground means is SOLD OUT derbys again and thats a good thing.i’ll look forward to going there and initially it may be for an NRL game.

Parra/Panffas should be the one.

Tickets for the Leeds game have been on sale since December. I just checked and could easily get seats either on half way (bay 216) or right above the RBB.

But yep, the new stadium is going to fix everything and will have the worlds best fans flooding back. :joy:

What are they priced at? These things are usually premium prices.

I do genuinely think they’ll get back to averages of 13k or so, same as us, and they’ll sell out derbies.

There’s also the reverse euro-snob effect, where A League fans don’t want to go to the games because they’re gimmicky, over-priced training runs.

Half way tickets were $100, the others in the Wanderers fans section were only $40.

I think we experience that because we’ve been absolutely saturated with them and ticketing is usually a debacle (with Cove section being bought by “life-long” Chelsea fans or whatever). We long ago established it’s futile to have a presence and try and entice Eurofanz to HAL.

But for these guys who’ve had just the one game against Arsenal, was it? And the grand opening of their new digs? I’d have expected those tix to fly out the door with pretty much Arlo and a few old Kewell or Viduka shirts making up the away bay.

That pricing is bang on actually. No excuses.

If you think that games like that have anything to do with the a-league team you’re kidding yourself. Games against European opposition exist purely for the European opposition. Teams like Liverpool come out here because they know they’ll get a huge fee, sell a shitload of jerseys and shore up overseas support, while at the same time, the team gets to try out new tactics, play younger players and generally gel together against clearly crap opposition (in comparison). The only other benefit is that MAYBE their scouts will identify future talent.

The organizers are out to make a crap load of money with as little effort as possible and target all the marketing at Eurosnobs. Why waste time trying to get 10K SFC supporters when you’ll get it easier just by saying “look big Euro team.” Last few games I’ve been to, you’d be forgiven not knowing who the European teams were playing against.

Of course they’re not about the A League teams, but we’re talking about whether or not WSW fans will turn up. I was saying how a lot of A League fans don’t turn up for the exact reasons you stated.

I wonder how many WSW fans think bankwest is from Western Sydney

4 Likes

Yeah, funny hey, because clearly it’s from West Melbourne.

BankWest, Centrelink, East Sydney - The compass defines them.

1 Like

Yes but WSW saw a perfect opportunity to stamp their home ground mark (while the eels are playing genuine competitive games) and the only way they could do that in the offseason is to get someone out here. Leeds were the biggest name they got.

Just thinking about the new stadium. What is the AFC’s stance on safe standing? I know that while there are plenty of stadiums in Germany that have safe standing areas, EUFA doesn’t allow it, so they have to convert the active ends to seated bays for champions league games.

I don’t think WSW will have to worry about ACL regulations any time soon.

5 Likes