Western Sydney Wanderers Thread- Cosplay Ultras Edition

He is lucky we are so far away. If a manager comes her from the MLS and shat on their league I would have context from half watching a few random games there and assess his claims accordingly. Whereas I have never seen the Swiss league so have no idea about the quality. Very few Europeans will be watching HAL so he can get away with it I think.

Vince Rugari on TWG weekly chat just confirmed DB is not a member. Buries that rumour.

Iā€™ve wonder how different it would have been if JP was the manager and set the tactics and Babbel was the coach enforcing them. Itā€™s like they got the ā€œgood copā€ & ā€œbad copā€ roles around the wrong way with JP running the training sessions with Babbel looking on.
To me Babbel lacks the tactical understanding to be a manager. The only tactical reaction I can remember him making was a few weeks back when he went from a back 4 to a back 3. This saw them go from 1-0 up and controlling the game to being picked apart at will and ultimately losing the match.
From the outside it looks as though he is well liked and respected by the players and the board and has no problem in being able to assert his authority on the training ground. Ultimately he failed because the players respected him to the point that they continued with his flawed and incoherent gameplan despite it being clear that it wasnā€™t and never was going to work. Itā€™s for this reason I think he would be very successful at coaching and implementing a tactical plan given to him. The only way he should be the #1 guy in the dugout is if he is at a club where he answers to a TD.
JP on the other hand apparently has the tactical knowledge but is a divisive figure on the training pitch and in the dressing room. As the manager he would oversee his coaches taking the training sessions while having less direct intervention with the players. This would result in less, perceived or apparent, targetting or bullying of a player or players and a more united playing group. Providing the results are there then you would struggle to see him losing the dressing room.

1 Like

Iā€™m interested to see how JP goes. He would have a learnt a lot while at Victory when they were doing well. Hopefully as you said, his divisive attributes will be his major flaw.

JPdM has a history of being an absolute disgrace. Carney amongst other things as well as Bossi (smoke, fire, etc). He will struggle in a high pressure environment where things arenā€™t working.

Itā€™s gonna be funny.

Just mining the twitterverse for more misery and read that a couple of Perth fans were robbed and assaulted while entering their Uber post-game, with the female fan having her bag snatched because it contained the Shed banner. Some things never change.

#ultraAF

Must be the blow-ins who arenā€™t real fansā€¦

Doubt it. Pretty sure he lives in Thailand.

1 Like

Do they have Pizza Hut in Thailand?

Well where else would you get a kebab?

3 Likes

Iā€™d be interested to see what Okon could do as manage of a fully resourced HAL club. But hopefully they give the gig to JP full-time, 5 year contract.

I wouldnā€™t. Didnā€™t he once say that his team outplayed us despite losing 4-0?

I hear that breaking into Pizza Huts is somewhat frowned upon these days. Especially in Thailand.

2 Likes

Babbel still deflecting blame to con clubs back home:

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=3&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://www.kicker.de/767649/artikel&xid=15700002&usg=ALkJrhiduYp4_2R2z2Tn2psZuyZW4Avv3g

Wonder if the bit about players whoā€™ve failed in Europe is directed at Yeboah. :joy:

Itā€™s an interesting read. I had my wife read it in German too (native) to see if there was anything lost in translation, but itā€™s pretty clear what he was saying. The best part is that he was praising Sydney FC a fair bit, so if youā€™re a quality German player and are given an opportunity to play in the A League, you know which team you want to sign for :wink:

2 Likes

Heā€™s bang on with his climate assessment.

Babbel for PM: ā€œThese fires are a disaster for the country, but the Australians are to blame, unfortunately they do nothing for climate protection. You have to rethink, otherwise such disasters keep coming back.ā€. Fucked Wests and has these views - I dont mind him.

6 Likes

Forza Agent Babbel

Babbel was actually a Sydney fc agent planted by the FFA to ensure our continued success. Given the amount of talk about Sydney fc conspiracies, he got a wsw tattoo to divert suspicion.

WSW = Why Scomo, Why?