World News-The US-Free Zone

Where does US non-politics news go? Shouldn’t it be US-and-UK-and-Russia-and-Ukraine-Free to cover all the threads that already exist?

US non-politics news can go in a thread in bollocks since this is the politics subforum, or it can go in the US politics thread as 99% of all the news discussed here is centered around politics. (I get that subforum topics also appear in the main forum but the point stands)

This seems like pedantry for the sake of it, what is it that you are trying to achieve?

I’ve already explained why the US has its own thread in this section.

1 Like

Issue isn’t with a uspol thread existing (nobody is suggesting otherwise) but with the title of this one being jarringly and unnecessarily US-centric.

We spend enough time on an Internet which assumes that the English-speaking world is in USA as it is.

I’ve explained why the US is specifically called out, it’s a practical and very real reason. If that’s not good enough for you, mute the thread and we’ll all be happier.

Not really. You previously explained something that nobody suggested:

But yeah, apologies for expressing an opinion on the topic of the two preceding posts, and then responding to your direct question!

There is this thread for US based non political discussion.

say you’re a new poster and you have the desire to share your hot take on Trump with the world. Where are you going to post it? If it’s top of the list and USApol isn’t, you are likely to think “The World News/pol” thread is the best place. Thus the title. Makes sense to me.

This thread and the US politics one have been on the go for more than 5 years, I don’t understand why this has become an issue for you suddenly.

Let me put my explanation another way, the volume of posts in the other location specific threads do not represent a risk of overloading the world news threads, that is why they are not called out.

The thread title is much improved, cheers!

Another of the drizzlingly shit parts of Latin American politics, the awful reductive re-written re-write of the new Chilean constitution is coming up for referendum soon. Hopefully NO will comfortably win, but anything can happen in this ridiculous world.

It has way less public support than the previous highly ambitious constitution did (and which was easily voted down) so hopefully it sinks without a trace.

1 Like

Could you kindly give me the cliff notes on this and/or point me to a good article on the topic. plzzz?

1 Like

yay… sounds just like the USA (sorry).

The thread title is purely so that people don’t decide to post stuff about the US, which has it’s own thread. I’d say it’s justified and ensures a level of control where people that are tired of hearing about the US, and want to hear about what is happening in the rest of the world can come and read or post. It’s not that dissimilar to having a thread on the CCM for instance. Talking about other teams is discouraged as they have their own spots in the forum to allow them to do that.

I could propose the following thread title?

News Involving the following countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Costa Rica ,Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, DR Congo, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Holy See, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, North Macedonia, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint & Nevis, Saint Lucia, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome & Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, St. Vincent & Grenadines, State of Palestine, Sudan, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Türkiye, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe

3 Likes

1 Like

Or Western Sahara

2 Likes

I’ll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Western Sahara!

Also Palestine is up there, under the State of Palestine :slight_smile:

“Myanmar” is for Tatmadaw bootlickers.

Funny story, I went to Laayoune in 1988, took a ferry from the Canary Islands to Tarfiya and then a bus over what was then the border. Spent 2 nights there, was far too dangerous so I left. It’s apparently much safer now.

Haha I tried reading through it like 5 times to look for it, when i didn’t see it under P, but couldn’t concentrate long enough obviously.

1 Like

I don’t recognise New Zealand. Please edit the title

4 Likes