2020-21 SFCU Player of the Season (voting thread)

THB 3, Wilko 2, Warland 1. Those three saved our honour in scoreboard terms and took a huge amount of pressure all game. Both RBs and King at LB were just so leaky and we had no DM cover once Brattan walked. As for the attack, none of them seemed capable of passing or even trapping under the pressure from City so we spent most of the game in our own 40 metres.

wilco and warland for me, being constantly bombarded in defence is always scary and the fact that it took until the end of the game to ship the third shows how well they were scrambling. We got let down the most in the mids not being able to hold the ball up the park

Its weird, but despite conceding 3 goals, its hardly like the defence or thb could be blamed. I gave kosta points but also warland and wilko. Brattan was on course if he survived the 90 minutes, but alas his keenness cost him probably

they were under siege for 90 minutes with our inability to hold onto the ball. The City mids and strikers pretty much set up a camp in our third and spent the whole game playing cards and singing kumbaya. The fact that they let in one goal from open play until the 93rd minute is nothing short of astoundingā€¦

1 Like

The Grand Final was a two-horse race. Tom Heward-Belle was the winner, picking up points from 31 of 36 voters. Second place (spoiler alert: it wasnā€™t Bratts) got points from 30 of the voters, and no-one else was rewarded by more than 14 people.

It is THBā€™s second MOTM in just three appearances this season, taking him to 3 in 8 appearances for his SFC career. That strike rate of 37.5% takes him back above Adrian (11 MOTMs / 34 apps = 32.4%) on that stat.

Massive thanks as always to everyone who voted this season. Stay tuned for the full results, probably some time in the next couple of weeks.

Top 5 predictions for Player of the Season standings?

Tough oneā€¦

1. Ninković
  2. Brattan
  3. CƔceres
  4. BobƓ
  5. Kosta
1 Like

^^ thatā€™s a pretty good shout. Iā€™d have put Grant and Redders ahead of Kosta (factoring that CBā€™s practically never win points), but checking individual games Kosta won more MOMā€™s than I remember.

Milosā€™ record in his 6 seasons here is incredible:

2nd - narrowly behind Holosko
Winner
3rd - behind Adrian & Bobo
Winner
2nd - behind Brattan
Winner (tbc)

1 Like
  1. Milos Ninkovic
  2. Brattan
  3. Kosta
  4. Caceres
  5. King

Yeah if we submitted average ratings each week Iā€™d guess several players ahead of Kosta, but since the way we vote doesnā€™t really distinguish between solid/okay and bad/frustrating, I figured heā€™d be up there. There were definitely several games, generally when he also brought his scoring boots, where he was really excellent.

Kosta for me has been one of our most consistent players this season. Not his finest ever season but he still scored 9 goals and got 9 assists according to my stats sheet. No other player was involved in more goals in our team.

1 Like

Once the primary scoring burden was removed from his shoulders, he thrived.

2 Likes
  1. Ninko
  2. Brattan
  3. Caceres
  4. Redmayne
  5. Grant

Can anyone confirm as to the rumours that unscrupulous third parties have been mailing in votes and tampering with the final result??? STOP THE VOTE!

In seriousness though:

1 Brattan
2 Ninko
3 Redmayne
4 Caceras
5 King

1 Brattan
2 Ninko
3 King
4 Wilko
5 McGowan

1 Ninko

That is all

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping to be able to put up the full results tomorrow night. They might be a bit of a surprise ā€” out of the above predictions, only one managed to have 2 players in the correct position, and only one managed to name 4 out of the top 5 (and they were different people).

Iā€™ll be doing a draw for a prize, where each vote throughout the season earns you an entry. The system will be the same as last year, although this time there is just one prize on offer: your choice of t-shirt from the Cove shop.

In the next few posts Iā€™ll list off how many entries everyone hasā€¦

3 Likes

Raffle entries, pt 1

First of all, these legends who voted in all 28 matches:

28 - @garuna* @scottohara* @Shoushi* @Acclaim @Clovis @littlejib @testament @Trash (* every match two seasons in a row :raised_hands:)

8 Likes

Raffle entries, pt 2

27 - @CN001 @Charlie_Blackman @sydneyfc_FTT
26 - @bernieibini12345 @Guy_Incognito @Hybrid @pietro
25 - @bilbo43

Raffle entries, pt 3

24 - @Sky_Blue_Stories (Jon), @Salmiakki @Sky_Blue_Stories (Sean)
23 - @leftfoot007
22 - @Utility
21 - @CountArach @Sydney_Is_Sky_Blue
20 - @andy91 @rich27
19 - @mcflynnsboot

1 Like