2023-24 SFCU Player of the Season (voting thread)

Has there been a shared win before?

Of a MOTM? That’s the first time this season, but it’s not super rare (happened once last season too). Unsurprisingly, it becomes more likely as the votes get lower, so we often get ties for 2nd and 3rd places as well — there was once a three-way tie for 3rd when only 14 people voted.

For the season? I have lots of tiebreakers to avoid it, but Caceres & Burgess had the same total two years ago, with Cass taking the prize as he had more MOTMs.

1 Like

vs Macarthur

1 Like

Six points for Uffy!

All players deserve 6 points each.

Outside of the 20mins after the red card where we were a little flat they were all immense.

Result for the final-round thrashing of Perth: Joe Lolley got back in the winner’s circle with a shared MOTM against Macarthur, and won it again by the barest of margins against Perth. He was first on 31 points, with second place on 30 points and third on 29.

That is Joe’s 10th MOTM for the season, and his 17th with the club all up. He still has the chance to take more points for the win over Macarthur despite his season being over. Vote here:

2 Likes

Vs Mariners, version 1

3 Likes

Result for the elimination final win over Macarthur: Joe Lolley got his third MOTM in a row. His first in this mini-streak was shared with Hayden Matthews, his second was won by a single vote and this time he was two votes ahead of second place. It is his 11th MOTM for the season and sadly his last, having tied Ninkovic (2016-17) and Mierzejewski (2017-18) for the highest tally in a season.

Can he hold on to become the first to go back-to-back in the Player of the Season trophy? There are up to three matches for other players to catch up… starting with last Saturday’s semi-final first leg. Get your votes in:

2 Likes

Last one of the season :cry:

2 Likes

Anthony Caceres the MVP of the season in my opinion.

1 Like

Just a bump for those that missed this after last night

He’s a good shout. I reckon Caceres, Lolley, Matthews and JGR have been standouts.

1 Like

For player ojf the season honours Matthew’s has the disadvantage of only playing part of the season and being a defender. But if I was to pick a “run rate” player of the season it would be Matthews.

1 Like

Good point.

My money is on the Lolley

i imagine his points per game will be quite high, but as he only played half a season he won’t be in the running (would think it’ll be Lolley, Caceras & Bratten in that order)

Result for the semi-final first leg: Captain Luke Brattan got his third MOTM for the season, a nice result given that he didn’t get any last season and had only one since his Player of the Season win in 2019-20.

Don’t forget to vote for the draw in Gosford — it’s your last chance to get an entry into the prize draw:

If you have already voted, I’m keen to hear some more top 5 predictions

1 Like

Ill predict:

Lolley
Hollman
Gomez
Mak
Caceres

1 Like

Lolley
JGR
Caceras