A-League Men - April 22-25

Is this Wellington’s third kit? It’s almost as good as the midnight plum.

Peak A-League

That penno was worth the Paramount monthly sub by itself

2 Likes

2 Likes

lol these commentators are amazing, they don’t even try to be impartial. Openly referring to the Phoenix as “us” and “we”

Hope Rudan reimburses Eden Park management for breaking the whiteboard

We rule in goals or award penalties all the time when defenders make the slightest contact on strikers. Finally the defenders get a win and everyone is up in arms.

It’s just more evidence that strikers and midfielders ruin football.

2 Likes

Wanderers doing Wanderers things over in NZ. Mathematically it might be better for us if they win but is good to see those wankers lose

2 Likes

Rudan gets a red to a chorus of “Rudans a wanker” from the Welly fans.

Hook that shit straight into my veins.

5 Likes

Exactly you’re encouraging VAR to get involved with every slight touch and dive in the game for both attacking and defending.

VAR is for clear and obvious

We MAKE football!!!

Brook is showing glimpses of being a decent striker

Adelaide supporters are delusional about what constitutes a foul against one of their players

They’re all just meth raging.

Penha with quite possibly the stupidest red card I’ve ever seen. He wasn’t even involved in the play. What a fuckwit.

The two games today were both enjoyable to watch. Wellington crowd was over 15k, crowd in Adelaide was around 7.5k. A good crowd makes all the difference.

Next year if Wests find form, us in our new stadium, Perth playing in Perth and Wellington playing in NZ, no COVID messing up fixtures completely with a regular 1 game per week - think crowds will be back to where they belong.

1 Like

Another positive - Coopers stadium roof should be ready around the start of next season, caught a glimpse of it on the broadcast. Should make for a better atmosphere and a few more fans turning up in the heat/rain.

1 Like

It was excessively stupid for the very reason that the referee was a metre behind him and looking straight at him. Even Kurt Ams is not going to miss that.

I agree - two palms on his back, arms extend and he was going to win the header anyway!

Is it enough to knock Rowles over? Not unless he’s willing to fall, but don’t give him a chance, and don’t make the referee make a choice.

It’s a free kick for stupidity as much as anything.

4 Likes

That was my interpretation of the incident, as well. A bit soft, but the attacker forced the referee to make a decision.