ACL 2021 discussion thread

Uzbekistan??? Do they understand that they’re land locked and can’t organize a steady supply of seafood?

3 Likes

Will most likely receive a fine if we pull out

Deadset. Singapore has a team in the group, quarantine free arrival for australia and green lane arrangements with south Korea and Japan.

Uzbekistan. FFS. The AFC are a joke.

2 Likes

Landlocked? Good. No seagulls.

We could get the Government to deny us permission to leave the country.
What’s the Covid situation in Uzbekistan like anyway?

1 Like

7 day average of 400 new cases a day

They’ve vaccinated about 600,000 people.

Population of 33 million

So they’re entering their second wave. If it was me I wouldn’t want to be going.
You have to assume the numbers are correct, they may not be.
You have to assume that there will be very strict COVID safe protocols, there may not be.
You have to assume that you’ll be allowed back into the country, you may not be.
There’s far too much risk involved to warrant going there for a couple of games of football.

2 Likes

As much as I enjoy the hope we might do something quickly dissipate in our first game then continue to disappear as the games progress as I desperately cling on to hope we may win our last 3 games to get out of the group and the excitement of new opponents, I would be happy for the club to cop whatever penalty to not go.

1 Like

I like that we are in it and, I think, closer to getting to getting out of the group stage.

I just noticed that our fixtures are up on the AFC site, in case this actually happens

Sydney date/times:

02:00 Sat 26/6 vs Jeonbuk Motors, Bunyodkor Stadium
00:00 Tue 29/6 vs Tampines Rovers, Bunyodkor Stadium
02:00 Fri 2/7 vs Gamba Osaka, Bunyodkor Stadium
02:00 Mon 5/7 vs Gamba Osaka, Lokomotiv Stadium
02:00 Thu 8/7 vs Jeonbuk Motors, Lokomotiv Stadium
00:00 Sun 11/7 vs Tampines Rovers, Lokomotiv Stadium

1 Like

Those 2am games are going to be tough to justify

Yeah, given our history in Asia…

Guess I’m only watching our first and last. I’m not going to work tired because of an Asia loss.

On Fox yeah? Just watch on demand the next morning before work. On Kayo you can anyway.

Yeah I’d likely just watch the mini in the morning.

I plan on just seeing the disappointing score on the fotmob notification when I wake up for work.

2 Likes

I get my disappointment from Google notifications, but yes, that will be me.

3 Likes

Ah such short memories. That’s pretty much what everyone was saying before we demolished Shanghai SIPG at midnight Sydney time last season.

So you’ve only got yourself to blame if you miss us winning a dead rubber after getting knocked out.

10 Likes

6 games in 2 weeks, hoooo boy…

Quick and painful.