ACL MD1 - Sydney FC vs Ulsan - 6/03/19

What is happening in the game?

Just great build up play with no end product on our end.

Frustrating but not surprising we need innumerable chances to score and will not get it in this competition. Too many wayward final balls.

Foxtel apps are rubbish. It’s why I switched to Kayon

Ivanovich It won’t get easy than that

Foxtel are fucking useless.

Sounds like a teenage blokes worst date

1 Like

We are going to regret those two points dropped.

That’s two points dropped. Shocking final and second last play with good build up before that. Just can’t seem to break down teams.
Ulsan will probably pump us at their home they seemed very happy with a point

Should have had a goal in that. Really disappointing that we didn’t.

Ulsan were happy to sit deep. Ironically I think we will compete much more favourably on the road, as they’re much more likely to have a go at us.

All Asian teams seem to play the same tactics, they love the park the bus and counter. I can’t imagine their league games - neither team probably leaves their own half.

So many chances to shoot and nothing put on goal and keeper not tested. Not good enough, poor at this level.

1 Like

Oh well, if we can turn Kogarah into a 0-0 draw fortress, things are looking up for us in the ACL!

That was fine. We just can’t lose those.
We are already a point up on last season and a group rival are two points down.
We’ll do them at their place.

MOTM voting:

Poor Branners had an absolute shocker tonight.

Really? I thought his distribution was on point. His set pieces weren’t great but he kept us ticking over.

Had 3-4 poor instances where he gave it away in bad positions. I understand he was constrained in not being able to go long due to the conditions.

They came for 0-0, they got it.

If MV have heeded Bozza’s advice and are doing nothing but shooting drills, can we please do the same and teach some of our lads to cross?