Australian Women’s National Team Thread - Our best chance at a World Cup

Some players (i.e. ones who are more on the outer) are unhappy with the coach shock. They’ve gone from “player power ousts coach” a few years back to to “player power of those with mates in the right positions ousts coach”.

Good luck to the fuckwits at the FFA if they think they can make everyone happy, the dozy cunts. Welcome to competitive sport you absolute deadshits.

Does anyone have much enthusiasm left about the coming WC and this laughable tournament on in a couple of weeks? Good luck shifting any further tickets to that, FFA.

Be funny if they asked every W-League coach and they went no because of the toxic environment …

Heyman was always shit anyway. She never scored and was right to be left out of late given our current strike force available. It would be like continuing to pick Juric when you had Mbappe available.

Not sure any of the a-league coaches want the short term appointment. But a coach with no women’s experience vs one with no international experience is maybe 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

Hows an admin with SFA intelligence?

Milicic didn’t even apply but in a completely fair search that wasn’t prioritising any current employees Milicic to get it l. I really hope the players go on and have a great tournament as they really deserve it but FFA have really disrespected them with the handling of this

Milicic confirmed. You can only laugh at this point.

Shocking press release too. The main adjective in the first sentence was “Australian”, and then they went on to mention “a wealth of experience” without even one mention of something he’s done.

Remember all those great teams Milicic has been head coach of like:

and

oh and those amazing womens teams he coached such as:

Man the memories so good.

2 Likes

This appointment smacks of … no one wanted the job.

I love Tezza. He put it up high, where the spiders live.

But given how inarticulate he is, press conferences will be interesting!

1 Like

It’s crazy to think of just how much the FFA have blown this. Going in to this World Cup making the semis or even the finals was not out of the realm of possibilities. Now we essentially go into a World Cup with an interim coach while FFA look for a long term successor for the next Cup cycle.

Not to mention the amount the Matilda’s brand has been tarnished or even trashed.

I’ve spent more time trawling Twitter than I dare admit the last month. Just had a ferret around to see if ANY player has yet commented on Milicic, and found this absolute chestnut.

It’s only Twitter ramblings, but check the top post allegedly sent by the all knowing LyndaTaylor76 to a current Matilda. Then check the newspaper clipping further down the trail to see if you can pick who the real owner of that account is.

1 Like

This has been up for a while now but gives some perspective on Highwood’s position

https://www.ifcca.com.au/news/rae-dower-and-emma-highwood-named-ifcca-panellists

I’m thinking 2 names, but an aspect of Taylor’s name is making me lean one way.

Im interested in how you got Heather Reid from lyndataylor76?

Yep, that IFCCA thing was from the day before Staj was sacked.

And then there is this article in the Financial Review

“…it should not be incumbent upon victims to come forward with complaints when there is a widespread problem of discrimination and harassment in the workplace… it would be preferable to see institutions conducting a gender audit, rather than just relying on victims to come forward.”

That’s a completely reasonable thing though, but no one is suggesting that it is done in place of an investigatory process following on from the finding of any audit. The lack of that process seems to be the problem here.

Reading between the lines is hard on this one, for me at any rate.

And after 15 years of not really worrying about this bullshit, because we didn’t need to, it’s too depressing to sink to far down the rabbit hole.

We need a Lowry.

Shane or Ryan?