Brisbane Roar Thread

RIP Brisbane

Nor are their characters. Gerrard has been a born leader from the start. Fowler has not.

What I will say for Fowler, at least, is that he’s done alright for himself investing into real estate when he had the chance. I’m willing to bet that a lot of footballers piss away their money on stupid shit and don’t leave enough for their post-footballing days.

1 Like

Any word on assistants?

This guy Tony Grant (English footballer) - Wikipedia

And Davies

Good to see they’ve retained Davies to ensure continuity from their current golden era.

He’s there to give Fowler tips on how to abuse referees when your side is down 4 nil

Of which he will be well-versed. Brisbane have a better than 1 in 3 strike rate in conceding at least 4 goals a game under Davies’ tenure. They’ve conceded 50 goals overall in 17 games since he took over. That’s got to be setting a record somewhere.

Needless to say, not one of those 17 games contained a clean sheet. Only in three of those games they conceded less than twice.

If Folwer rocked up in a turquoise blazer for his first a-league game, i think he’d win over all 'real’a-league fans over 28 for at least a season

Roy O’Donovan is their big marquee signing?

AMBITION!

The only problem is we can no longer have the dream team of O’Donovan and Ross Aloisi.

Hopefully he’s not our marquee signing… I don’t mind him coming but yeah I don’t think he should be on the big $$$…
Fowler is apparently due in town at the end of the month. Expecting a flurry of signings at that time. Things have been happening behind the scenes but no leaks so far!

Signing some dogshit players on paper. This is going to be ugly.

Also linked to Adam Amadi-Holloway. Listed as a striker with 2 in 30 in league one. Either Fowlers scouting is brilliant and the league isn’t that good or all of these league one/two signings are disappointing and Fowlers our after a season or less

1 Like

From the outside it looks like he thinks HAL = League 2/1. Hope they get torn apart. NZ Knights went well.

I cant image Fowler is underestimating the league that much - he did play here for 3 or 4 seasons, yes the league has improved since, but he would have a pretty good understanding of the standard I think.

Maybe be really believes that league to be of that level - maybe he is right…

He is right, well of teams generally from 5th/6th place onwards.

So I guess their fight to scrape into 6th begins!

Promising 8 player signings this week. Supposedly O’Donovan, Aldred, two more visa signings, O’Neill, Mells, Neville and Inman

Interesting graphic with the story listing the nationalities of all the players… which confirms the Fowler is sticking to the British isles as a recruitment policy.

For reference:

You’ve got Ireland, wales and England there, but still put uk for the defender?

2 Likes