Brisbane Roar Thread

Yup, spot on. Other teams are getting far better pedigree with foreign signings - Championship, Eredivisie, even Bundesliga or La Liga in some cases - so he’d better be really good at picking out players who are either better at their level or an exceptional fit for the conditions/circumstances or his gameplan.

1 Like

Few posts up i backed him as manager saying he should get the league but other than ONeill none of them would interest us (the benchmark).

I guess he’s probably relying on his personal connections for these players so I guess it makes sense.

No doubt… I would have thought that the benefit of having an inexperienced coach but with a big name was that their connections were above League 1 and League 2. Probably could have hired and experience League 1 or League 2 coach if this is the outcome.

Otherwise, have an inexperienced coach who is local…

1 Like

Fowler’s definitely not setting the world on fire with the names we’re signing but for me it’ll be very interesting to see what the of football he’s gonna get us to play.

Early hint - flat 4 - 4 - 2 with 2 holders in the middle, fullbacks who sit back and a big man/small man combo at front.

His coaching license was in 3 at the back. Can’t remember if it was 343 or 352

I wonder if they all have the same agent…

Nah. I waste a lot of work time on Transfermarkt.

Interestingly that Amadi has the same agent as Scots turned Aussies, Boyle & Souttar. They’ve seen a good option through them.

3 in 38 for a forward.

I bet roar fans are stoked

Apparently paid a fee too: Amadi-Holloway Makes Move Down Under - News - Shrewsbury Town

Gethin Jones in there too. Future signing?

Paying a fee for a striker with three goals in a season is rubbish.

Only 26 is good but this one doesn’t have success written all over it.

Undisclosed could well be $0 or 7 tracksuits. UK club may well ask for that to be in the press release so their fans are happier?

Castro and Riera were career La Liga before coming here. Ninko, Toivonen, Adrian each had dozens of caps for serious European national teams. ALF, Majewski, Keogh were established Championship players (going to even higher levels on occasion). Schwegler spent his career as a first XI Bundesliga midfielder.

Brisbane is burning its foreign spots on League One.

1 Like

If you look just at other new signings to the league this season, Majewksi and Schwegler as you mention plus Noone with a career mainly in the championship and an EPL season.

And if you go back last season Siem De Jong, Toivonen, Honda, Steven Taylor, De Laet, ALF, Ziegler and Baumjohann. I mean the flip side had Jordy Thomassen, Sam Grahan and Stephen Mallon.

I think when you look at the types of players from the UK that came last season- ALF, Karacan, Taylor, Shayon Harrison and De Laet have far more impressive CVs. Thats not at all to say though that Fowlers signings will flop.

Its not like Fowler has been a gun manager at that level and is bringing players who are proven in his system. I don’t see it working. It disrespects the level the HAL are at and makes us look shitter than we are. I hope they get pumped.

The only thing that makes me question that is Alfie. He was around this level and in his first few weeks he was amazing. Having said that his pedigree is much better and his time in League One was an aberration for him and Bolton.

Loooooooooooool

1 Like

Brisbane look like they’ve gone bric a brac shopping.