February Football Fixture Frenzy Fread

Elrich rocking a fancy looking watch

I want Wellington to win 6-0 with all six being Broxham own goals.

4 Likes

Teams will have to learn that when the Dark Side of the Force are in the final third, Folami will usually run at the line and then cut back to a forward standing on or near the penalty spot.

Not exactly inspiring stuff tonight

YYYYEEEEESSSS!!!

2 Likes

Davidson’s stuff up and it’s a gift to the good guys. You love to see it.

3 Likes

What a lovely sight, MV conceding.

Davo should have changed his hair colour.It cant be lucky 2 games in a row.

Yeah baby, good win for welly

I love that Ball took the correct and unselfish option there to lay it off to Piscopo, but that said he never even shaped to shoot so I have no idea how he managed to put both Hamill & Kelava on their arses. Comedy capers at the back.

Haha, Melbourne suck

For those of us at the back of the class, what does this mean exactly? They were unable to cover the costs of opening the stadium through lack of sponsorship to pay for it?

Yes. Last game on a weekend had 500 show up

Does this hurt a future Wollongong bid? I know it’s not the same as having their own team at all, but I feel like this is kind of an audition for Wollongong. It’s still A-League level football right in their backyard and there’s only NPL-level engagement.

What’s the name of tbe team?

There will never be an A-League team in Wollongong, there isn’t the population to support one

There’s 309,000 in the Central Coast and 297,000 in Wollongong. 395,000 in Canberra, 322,000 in Newcastle. Wellington has a population of 212,000

If we’re going off population, wouldn’t it make more sense to put the next 6 or so teams in Sydney and Melbourne?

I think that was the entire FFA expansion plan.

They weren’t wrong about everything…

Sydney and Melbourne are each about a quarter of the population living in cities/towns of 100k+, so we’re probably about right. Population wise, Brisbane 2 and Perth 2 “should” happen before Syd/Mel 4.