FFA Cup QF - Sydney FC vs Brisbane - 12/1/22

Orange doesnt deserve me anyway.

1 Like

Just hold the rest of the season in a hub. Wellington and Perth are already top-teir members of Booking.com

Jubilee, Campbelltown, Leichhardt, Penrith and Parramatta.

Just do it and fuck the flogs in power Queensland and Perth.

Sounds as though the Glory took their charter flight.

Wonder when it will be played

Saw a fake news report.

For all the bantz being thrown in Roar’s direction, Danny tweeted this overnight:

More fun to blame them though

4 Likes

Yes. Danny needs to learn to value his product’s USP, and a big chunk of that for the A-League is the shambolic messiness and amateurism we all love. And it gives Squires something to do.

1 Like

Well that is interesting because one of the Brisbane roar players tweeted (seems to have been deleted) that they were in Sydney and ready to play the game - which conflicts with Danny’s tweet. Or maybe they eventually got to Sydney but it was too late for them to make the game ‘on time’ which to be fair Danny does say. So basically they got the flight for nothing.

I’m still calling for a forfeit. As far as I’m concerned one of the advantages of playing at home is that if the other team fails to make it to the game on time then they lose the right to play.

I think I saw on facebook that it’s a forfeit

If it’s the post I saw, then that wasn’t actually from the FFA Cup account.

Yeah that was a funny post, looked legit.

This at the end of the match report from last night: “The Sky Blues meet Brisbane Roar in the FFA Cup quarter final at home on Thursday.”
Still nothing on the fixtures listings… I guess the admin staff are still on holiday

Bit weird on the lack of info other than this article.

In another thread someone was wondering if maybe they were meaning another Thursday… just as as an FYI Brissy have matches on:

• Sun 2nd Jan
  • Wed 5th Jan
  • Sun 9th Jan
  • Sat 15th Jan

So surely it’s have to be this one, otherwise theyre moving a few games around!

Still no announcement by the APL and the Club?

APL doesn’t run this comp.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s not called the APL Cup.

The (insert generic sponsorship name) APL cup should be our new pre-season cup. It can be our ‘league cup’.

Every year it’s hosted in a regional city/town (COVID permitting), the host town being drawn on Channel 10 by the winner of whatever the latest and greatest reality TV show is, on The Project. Each game, in addition to 3 points for a win, 1 point for the draw, each team receives a point for a goal (Kinda like that festivus of futbol a few years back).

Draws are decided by that 90s MLS pen shootout system where the player dribbles it from half way, or a golden goal scenario where every 5 minutes both teams lost a player until it’s a 1v1 situation.

Each team can wear a custom kit designed by local school kids. Tickets should $10 for adults, $5 for kids and each person receives a raffle ticket for the local RSL club/local community organisation’s weekly meat raffle or whatever. They can have a few BBQs adound the ground run by local charity organisations (like a Bunnings sausage sizzle) with all profits going to said charity/organisation.

The trophy, instead of a toilet seat, a plate or a cup can be something uniquely Australian like a miniature hills hoist, or a golden lamington.

As much as I like the idea of Wellington being in the cup, they could be replaced by the NPL champion, unless they Give up on the idea of ever playing in New Zealand again and permently relocate to Wollongong.

Satire and amusement aside, I do like the idea of us having a preseason ‘league cup’ being hosted in a regional city every year.

5 Likes

Quality post

Something like that is long overdue.

Perhaps a region as opposed to one town.

For example, the Far N coast has Tweed heads/Ballina/Lismore that could all host games.

SouthCoast,Wollongong,Kiama,Nowra.

There’s a lot of Townsville Cup erasure going on in this thread.

6 Likes