It's OK to be White and other dogwhistles - the Australian politics thread

I guess the rule of thumb is that the more someone espouses “family values”, the more one can be sure there is some dirt to be found.
It’s increasingly likely that there are actually no such “family values” beyond “a cardboard prop designed to place in front on an unseemly pile of filth.”

2 Likes

Blergh.

The Nationals are a dumpster fire. Throw them all in the bin.

LOL at News Corp’s puff piece on Dutton and softening up his image in yesterday’s papers. Stop trying to make him a thing.

Seems a strange thing to commit to at this point given he’s likely to lose his seat.

I say let them do it. With each puff piece, they’re condemning the Liberals to an even bigger defeat. Nobody with a trace of commonsense wants Dutton in power.

Fraser Anning billing taxpayers for his jaunt to Melbourne to support the Nazis on the weekend. That’s an interesting new low for Australian politics.

Problem is having it in the news for a few days amplifies his message exactly as he wanted

Yeh I’m torn on that. I agree with you, but also think that it needs to be called out rather than ignored.

Jason Wilson in the Guardian summarised it really well I think:

Wilson is always worth reading if you are interested in the far right and their various goings on.

1 Like

That Wilson article is excellent.

Here is an older article by Umberto Eco, also worth reading

https://www.scribd.com/document/48192117/Umberto-Eco-Ur-Fascism

I’m really enjoying clive Palmer ads atm.

There’s one in WA that he mentions how a bunch of the gst made in WA gets sent east and how the government treats “us” all like mugs.
He uses the word us when talking.
Did I miss Clive being a west Australian?

He seems proper mad lately.

Funnily enough, he hasn’t mentioned that policy on this coast…

100% of our gst returned to WA or some other yelling at the end of the ad

It’ll probably work though. Shit like that is catnip for Queensland and WA (the freak states), whether it’s connected to reality or not.

A few weeks back when I drove to Queensland, on all of the country stations was how Clive will “fix the nation” and “help its people”. Don’t know if he has any support in Sydney though.

Which makes it a mystery why there are billboards in the Inner West…

Wasn’t he skint? Where’s this cash come from?
It’s so transparently nonsense, and lazy at that.

Australia governed by Australians for Australia (or some similar nonsense). Did he miss the dual citizenship furore?