I've got a bad feeling about this – The Star Wars Thread

Just caught the trailer for the upcoming Kenobi series on Youtube. 6 part series apparently. Doesn’t look too bad.

Also Disney+ has laid out a Star Wars in Timeline Order viewing option which is a pretty great idea.

Ive got about 7 eps of the clone wars left. Just finished the Bad Batch arc at the start of s07.

Are the bad batch just as annoying in their stand alone series?

Bad batch series was pretty good imo.
Looking forward to S2.

I only watched the last season of Clone Wars.

1 Like

Wow.

That last 4 ep arc of the clone wars was pretty darn good.

4 Likes

I think there’s something for us all here.

And also, Robin Williams is fucking funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39HBTxQAMdQ

1 Like

Just finished Rebels.

I think they handled the fantasy/metaphysical things in this one better than in The Clone Wars.

Still don’t see the need to keep bringing back a certain Sith thou.

On to Andor now!

I could be wrong, but I’m fairly certain you’ll love Andor.

I’m working on the theory that if it’s the team that made Rogue One it will be aces.

2 Likes

The final episode of Andor is some of the best television I have seen in ages. The who series was brilliant.

2 Likes

Andor was absolutely gripping! Loved how they brought in some of the other external characters as well. It’s far enough from the whole Jedi story and starts to fill in a huge amount of gaps on the birth of the alliance, without being too much involved in the trilogies.

Not sure where I read it, if it was here or externally, but there was an article where they made the comment that Andor very much moves out of safe and sterile territory, were it comments on the USA and other aspects of society. Prior to that, it’s just been easy and safe stories.

Supposedly aspects of the heist mimicked or was influenced by Force 10 from Navarone, which I’ve got in my queue to watch shortly.

But absolutely agree - it was a fantastic first series. Didn’t seem to fall into the trap of some of the other star wars series and really told it’s own story without relying on the Jedi factor. I quite enjoyed the insight into the inner workings of the Empire too.

Just watched Ep6.

Some good tension building for something you’re confident you know the outcome of.

1 Like

Damn it.

This is good. Denise Gough is a little bit excellent.

3 Likes

The only thing I can fault Andor on, is that it wasn’t long enough

1 Like

I’m what, halfway?

I was surprised it had so many eps considering everything else is about 6 eps.

Winner.

So should only Tony Gilroy be allowed to touch Star Wars?

Andor was a level above everything else. Just like Rogue One.

6 Likes

I’d be on board with that.

1 Like

Anybody else playing Jedi Survivor? Loving it so far, and an excellent follow up to Fallen Order.