I've got a bad feeling about this – The Star Wars Thread

I’ve done 2 out of 3. Might as well finish the job tomoz.

And done.

I think, after watching the 3 movies in 4 days on the big screen, that the prequels were a mistake and the sequels an even bigger mistake.

The story didn’t need fleshing out or continuing. It already had a perfectly good ending with RoTJ. It was very much a fairy tale, “they lived happily ever after” moment. The sequels have completely undermined that in their ham fisted, nonsensical, contradictory way.

Of course, the prequels gave us The Clone Wars. And without the interest we wouldn’t have gotten the best movie in the franchise, Rogue One.

You can see what was attempted with the prequels, it was just a poor effort. The sequels were, unfortunately, a fucked effort.

Wesa got a grand army. That’s why you no liking us meesa thinks!

2 Likes

The movies were Disney’s worst efforts since taking over the Star Wars franchise. They’ve done alright so far with the TV shows, though. We will have to see how long it takes for them to inevitably squeeze that lemon dry. It’s all about the benjamins and not for the love of the franchise.

Completely disagree with you. Firstly, without the prequels, we would have had zero understanding of intergalactic trade laws and the inner workings of the senate. The original three were extremely incomplete without the added layering and understanding of that…

On a more serious note, the first three, I thought, largely missed the tone set by the originals. There was too much to focus on, with regards to the fall of the Republic, the fall of the Jedi and then the rise of Anakin. The fact that they introduced Jar Jar shows how far the missed the mark in attempting to bring in kids, ignoring the fact that the original series brought in plenty of kids, without the need for slapstick.

The sequels had to happen. The fact that there was an entire Star Wars universe created around the Original Trilogy, meant that it was always going to happen. The popularity of the books, games and everything else allowed people to continue experiencing the Star Wars universe. Disney (as i’ve said before), did itself a disservice in removing all canon and trying to start fresh. Instead of using the already built universe and expanding on it, they’ve started from scratch which alienates many of the fans that would be avid supporters. The fact that they simply decided to act as though the previous films had never happened made it even crapper. The sequels should happen, but just in a smarter way.

2 Likes

I can agree with that.

1 Like

And let’s face it, it’s not like the original trilogy was any good in the first place either.

8 year old me thought it was aces, so up yours!

2 Likes

damn straight

The “What if Episode 1/2/3 was good?” Youtube video series definitely raised this as part of the prequel’s failings (especially in Ep 1) and sought to correct it with their own, more straightforward prequel plot. Still as interesting to watch the videos now as it was when I first watched them.

This?

1 Like

Best thing about Disney buying Star Wars was them building Galaxies Edge in their theme parks, that place is awesome, although theming it around the new movies might have been a slight mistake.

I got to build my own custom lightsaber and fly the Millennium Falcon, which is all I wanted to do when I saw the originals.

2 Likes

Yep. Still excellent after all this time.

1 Like

I found this wee piece interesting.

Only an hour and half left…but happy Star Wars day all.

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTztDAsqmSc

Disney has now created a retractable lightsaber, coming next year, for any Star Wars fan Galaxys Edge is worth visiting and if they put the retractable technology into the custom lightsaber build experience they’ll recoup the money from paying Lucas for Star Wars very quickly

Happy Revenge of the Sixth Day

it’s the 5th?

Or Fifth

Nerds