I've got a bad feeling about this – The Star Wars Thread

All of my children think that The Phantom Menace is better than A New Hope.

I’m currently in the process of legally disowning them.

1 Like

My ex also preferred the prequel trilogy to the originals. That should’ve been an instant red flag for me.

Well, as long as no one prefers the new ones…

1 Like

JJ Abrams and Rian Johnson should be forced into The Thunderdome.

And then the door should be locked.

Two men enter, two men die.

FINISHED!

Well done sir! Thoughts on the last Ep?

I thought it was quite enjoyable and left me with a desire to see more of this story telling.

edit cause spoiler didn’t work.

I especially enjoyed the post credits vignette.

Simple story telling that didn’t over complicate like the prequels, or just plain disrespect like the sequels.

hilly gives it a Silvas porko burger with extra piri piri.

2 Likes

That’s harsh!!

Just finished it yesterday as well. Restored my faith in Disney Star Wars franchise.

1 Like

And you call yourself a Sydney FC fan.

Going to introduce my kids to the Star war films in the coming weeks… do you go in number order or in order of when they were made?

Number order. Start with Phantom Menace

2 Likes

I saw empire so young that the twist didn’t mean much to me. I’d still probably go first three, rogue 1 and maybe solo if they’re keen.

The other 6 are trash. But I’d still watch the prequels before I went near the hobbit.

I reckon that’ll make the most sense… they’ll love all shite we think is rubbish

1 Like

Yep, thanks Hilly. Forgot about adding Rogue One and Solo

1 Like

I can’t starts a Star Wars marathon without starting at episode 1. My OCD won’t allow me to start at episode 4.

I also think with the addition of the sequels and Rogue One / Solo, you kind of have to start with episode 1 now.

1 Like

People still bother with Solo?

I just really needed to know how he got his last name!!

I actually don’t mind Solo, was entertaining enough I guess

As some harmless Saturday matinee guff it goes alright.

It just doesn’t tie in very well.